Landslide Lake Via Elk River Trail is a 21.2 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Strathcona, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, camping, and backpacking and is best used from June until August. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

21.2 km
1,027 m

This was a beautiful trail. What I loved is it wasn’t too difficult, nice for a quick weekender, the lake was stunning! We swam in it, it was cold! What I would do different, not go over a long weekend. We went over the September long weekend, it was so busy we almost couldn’t find a spot to camp in either of the designated areas. I would go midweek if I were to do it again, just to keep the people to a minimum.

Loved this trail! My very first ever over night hike with a large pack and this trail was definitely a good hike for me. My hubby has done a few before and he said this one was moderate. We loved the option of two campsites, but it’s short enough it makes sense to go to the second and set up camp , there are tons of spots for tents and a few options for hammocks which we used ( I gets cold ar night so bundle up! ) we took the second day to go up to the lake which only an hour and then we hiked Around the lake to the left ( it’s a hidden trail , but it’s not to bad) and then up to the glacier which was incredible!!! So worth it! Stayed another night and hiked back out. Magical trail!

Great trail - but I would say it’s a difficult climb - due to distance and variation in terrain- nice glaciar cold lake at the top. Pretty busy on the weekend.

Very well maintained trail. Felt like a steady incline for most of the hike. Had very cloudy and rainy weather for most of the trip.

Made it to landslide lake however couldn’t make it to iceberg lake due to the vertical gravel climb at the end, people before us tried to get up and slipped, one guy hurt his leg pretty bad, ouch! There is a lot of uphill along the trail and it reminds me of a harder version ripple rock (tree roots, loose rocks etc). We made a day trip out of it, took almost 11 hours. The views were not that great until the last hour or so as there is a lot of trees blocking anything. View at the top was amazing but I would say not worth 5 hours of grueling hiking. I would also go so far to rate this as difficult and not moderate due to the length and difficulty (canyon view and ripple rock are rated as moderate and are by far much easier). Glad I made it to the end, but won’t do this one again.

Great trail- very beautiful, mostly shaded, well maintained. so many waterfalls and massive trees, the trail is nothing short of amazing. the last 1km was definitely the most difficult. there were lots of bugs so bug spray/nets are recommended. unfortunately we weren't able to make it up to berg lake due to aggressive wasps nests. we heard multiple stories of people and dogs being stung and didnt think it was worth the risk. highly recommend this hike overall!

Great trail! Definitely not for kids, can be quite technical in a lot of parts but pretty well maintained trail. Single file as well. Recommended for sure!

Has anyone does this hike recently ? How are the conditions ?! ☺️

big day hike up a deep valley, while you're there, hike a little further up the valley to iceberg lake

I did this a few years ago. Easy access, well maintained trail. Saw kids on the trail so it wasn’t to difficult. There are also camping spots along the way. Beautiful views and well worth it!

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

awesome! one amazing waterfall after another

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Landslide Lake and Iceberg Lake are gorgeous and make every minute of the hike worth it. Most people stop at Landslide Lake, but make sure you find the trail through the alder around the edge of the lake up to Iceberg Lake- turquoise waters, glaciers, ice caves, and towering mountains. Unreal hike!

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

It was snowy and a cold over night camp but overall incredible experience! The trail is hard to see as it is under snow after the 9 KM camping spot, but a locked food storage was a treat!
Bring warm gear of you plan on camping!

Monday, August 17, 2015

The Landslide lake and Mt. Colonel Foster is amazing!!!

Monday, July 04, 2016