Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Lake Helen Mackenzie and Battleship Lake Loop Hike

Lake Helen Mackenzie and Battleship Lake Loop Hike is a 8.5 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Comox Valley C, British Columbia, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

8.5 km
301 m

I've done this trail many times in the summer and winter. Beautiful views along the way and the route is very easy. I wouldn't rank this as moderate at all. I've seen 5 year old children hiking this.

The trails are marked decently but at this point in the year you just need to followed the packed trail.

I'd start being cautious about doing the winter route across the lakes now though. I did it two weeks ago and was a little worried about how thick the ice is at this point. Maybe stick to the routes through the trees (aka the Summer route)

Reasonably easy to follow hard-packed trail with beautiful views of the mountains. The snowshoe trail follows the lake shoreline. Snowshoes were definitely necessary.

Beautiful and scenic, the dog and I loved every minute of this hike.

My daughter (7), our pup and I backpacked to the tent pads at Lake Helen McKenzie and spent a night. It was heavenly!

Soooo pretty even on a soggy day ... would love to see it in the sunshine

This is my fave hike. I do it once a week in the spring to summer end. It’s beautiful! Great for beginners and lots of spots to rest. Bring a bathing suit in the summer hot days. Lots of great swimming opportunities and amazing lunch spots.

Pleasantly surprised with how nice this trail was. Half of the trail is boardwalks and the other half is a regular well maintained trail. Was a 3 hour loop for us with a couple of small stops at the lakes. Had a couple birds come up to us and eat right from our hands. I will be doing this one again for sure

Trail is good

Friday, March 16, 2018

Nice views but a bit crowded in September when we went.

Friday, January 12, 2018

great place for moderate hikes and snowshoeing in winter

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Easy loop, Great Lake to take a cold dip in during the summer. Dogs loved it!

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Well maintained trail, several km of boardwalk over rough and boggy areas. Pretty easy hike, took 2 adults just under 3 hours to complete the loop at a relaxed pace.