Kings Peak is a 14.2 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Strathcona D, British Columbia, Canada that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and backpacking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 14.2 km Elevation Gain: 1,873 m Route Type: Out & Back

icy

Hiked Kings Peak for the first time yesterday, made it as a day hike. It was a decent morning but we hit fog and rain about 1/3 the way up. After we crested the chute up into the sub alpine we had fantastic views of the nearby mountains but it was short lived as the wind had blown in the clouds by the time we summited. It’s pretty much winter at the top now as the snow is sticking and there is ice present in many places. This is a whopper of a day hike and it was totally worth the effort even though we missed out on the view. I will definitely try and make it back in the summer for the views.

amazing hike. not pushing too hard but keeping a steady pace with only a small day pack I'd say an average hike can make the peak in 4 hours for sure

Overall the hike turned out great, as others have noted beware of the bees nest! The trails are marked out pretty well for the most part, some markings weren't as visible past the second bowl, takes a little bit of navigating. Hike was long and strenuous but totally worth it with the amazing views!

Completed this trail last week in 10hrs with some breaks (I’m a pretty average hiker). The trail was easy to follow until you got to the upper bowl, we ended up climbing queens first unintentionally. Beware of wasps nests on the trail!! Specifically near the second waterfall. Definitely bring hiking poles if you have them, it made the trail much more manageable! Be prepared for some scrambling, some parts of the trail having old climbing ropes that people have attached. Challenging, yet manageable trail with a beautiful view!

great trail with amazing variety of terrain and gorgeous views at the top. You follow a river up to the north bowl where there is great camping, from there head up some narrow gulleys to the summit.

I have been wanting to complete this hike for a couple years, and finally set out on the long weekend. The trail to the meadow (camp spot) was not to bad, switch backs and gradual incline, didn’t find it all to bad, we got to the meadow in about 3.5hrs, with camp gear. We decided we were going to camp on the shelf above, also a very beautiful area to camp, but it was quite the scramble on loose rocks to get up, it was a lot with camp gear. We got up the steady incline and scramble in about 45mins. Unfortunately due to the wasps and bugs causing a reaction with our dogs.... we were unable to continue to summit. Either way it was a really incredible challenge and reward to watch sunset, lay under the stars, and catch the sun coming up, all on top of the shelf of the mountain. I definitely wouldn’t recommend this for all dogs, it was pretty rough on the feet and joints and there were some spots where you had to pass them along to get them up on spots. Give yourself lots of time to come down as well it is rough on your joints and lots of spots you can loose your footing. All this aside it was absolutely amazing Views!

As someone who has never done a hike with incline like this, the hike was extremely difficult on the way down. Going up wasn’t too difficult, and didn’t really instill any fear in me and the views were absolutely gorgeous. It wasn’t until we got to the second meadow in the bowl that I had to turn around, and had a horrible time getting down, joints in extreme pain. If you’re not used to hikes, even though you might be moderately fit, this may not be the hike for you. Also, if you have a fear of falling, this hike had quite a few scary scrambley bits that were scary to come down. Definitely go with seasoned hikers, and maybe warm your way up to this hike (as I should have done, but didn’t).

Definitely bring hiking poles or find a very sturdy stick; the way down will be more of a controlled fall (if you don’t)... if you can gain control. Beautiful hike top to bottom, got robbed of the views up too because it was completely clouded over though. Hammered it out in one day 9hrs round-trip

Made it 3/4 of the way but turned back because my shoes were garbage and I didnt want to wipe out and fall down the glacier. It was absolutely breathtaking and is quite the accomplishment as far as hiking goes.

Mon Sep 03 2018

This is an excellent hike with three water falls on the way. The view from the summit is incredible, make sure you go up on a clear day. Follow the trail, at some spots it is easy to get lost.

Fri Mar 16 2018

My wife and I only got about halfway in then turned back. Very still, not another person on trail. Got a little freaked out about bears. Forgot our bear spray that day. Ha ha.

Sat Oct 20 2018