Kindersley Pass / Sinclair Creek Loop

Kindersley Pass / Sinclair Creek Loop is a 20.3 kilometer loop trail located near East Kootenay, British Columbia, Canada and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from June until September.

20.3 km
1563 m

Pros:

The meadows are absolutely gorgeous and worth it in my opinion!!
The incline is steady which is easier for more beginner people

Cons:

Currently cant summit because of waist deep snow
A mama grizzly and her two cubs have a habitat on that mountain so be careful and be prepared!

Monday, June 29, 2015

Really beautiful hike! Be bear aware, we saw lots of bear signs and tracks. We hiked up kindersley which is longer but more gradual and down sinclair creek which is extremely steep.

Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Loved hiking this loop with varying terrain.

Monday, August 11, 2014

It's my second try of this trail. The first try in early July was aborted because a grizzly bear sat on his tommy on the trail and then turned over on his back with 4 legs in the air!! He was not going to go anywhere.

So I went back in the August long with a team of 4, the minimal group size for bear concern. This time, however, bear was of no concern. 8 hikers from the Calgary Outdoor Club were ahead of us and a lone hiker from France joined our team.

A long way in the tree is normally not my favorite, but the trail was full of wild flowers, making it a real treat for the eyes and soul. Once above the tree line, the views were truly rewarding and Mt Assiniboine, the Matterhorn in the Canadain Rockies, was clear in sight. I was lucky enough to photograph a family of sheeps again.

The pass is extensive, lots of scrambles to do.

Sunday, August 03, 2014