Kanaka Creek

Kanaka Creek is a 2.7 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

2.7 km
91 m

I didn’t get to check out the whole trail but I liked what I saw. Brought my toddler and preggo wife and they did ok. The toilet up next to the falls was pretty nasty...I’d sooner do as the bears do.

love this hiking with my pup, it would be amazing to have a bridge in front of the falls to enjoy more the view.

Great trail to take my puppy on. Lots of things for her to see and smell and a good amount of people and other dogs to say hi too. Trail was nice and well kept. Slightly confusing as there were a number of different trails but it's easy to find your way around.

The map was a little confusing as there were many different paths that you can take but it was very beautiful. Definitely can’t take a stroller here as there are many stairs and barriers (to stop the horses from going on certain trails). There is a lot of dog poop on the trail and I had to steer the little ones away from it constantly. The creek is picturesque but the same experience can be found in many areas in the lower mainland. If you are nearby it’s worth it but I wouldn’t make a special trip.

Low key, I usually go here in the evening during weekdays to walk my dog. We don't usually meet too many people, which is great. Gravel trails.

Trail is in excellent condition. A few hills, but great walk/hike.

Monday, February 13, 2017

1 way.

Monday, July 04, 2016

Beautiful loop trail nestled in Maple Ridge. Terraced falls run right through the center. Picnic areas also make this a great spot for a riverside BBQ.
Easy hike with bridges that cross the river at several areas. Moss covered trees make this a fun outing. Well maintained trails.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Great for beginners or those that don't feel like working hard. It's well maintained with lots of places to sit for a break. The salmon hatchery just across the street from the midpoint was cool.

Monday, January 19, 2015

Great trail for beginners. The only parking I've found is on 112 and is limited. Beautiful waterfalls, has a picnic area as well as washrooms.

Monday, July 25, 2016