Kanaka Creek is a 2.7 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.7 km Elevation Gain: 91 m Route Type: Loop

Pretty park with a small waterfall and fish hatchery, though quite busy compared to other parks in the area.

Good trail for beginners and kids. Very nice falls

Very well marked trail with numerous signs to do social distancing. Trail was well mantained. Nice weather enough shade

recorded Kanaka Creek

a little bit crowded but with nice places to go into the river. lots of family with children.

So glad we decided to check this out!

One of my favorite, go-to trails to do near the city on a nice day! Dog owners are not very respectful, so anybody with an anxious, fearful or reactive dog, just keep your pup close to you. I always keep my boy on leash but have had many run ins with off leash untrained dogs on the trails.

February 25th, 2020 at 2:45pm - Nice easy trail that is good for young ones and dogs. A few cars in the parking lot but didn't see a soul on the trail. It was raining lightly so some parts are a bit muddy, but runners are fine. Nice falls, there is also a part you can go down to the water and walk around. Good for a quick walk.

Nice easy going trail through the west coast rain forest. Trail slightly wet, 130+ mm in 24 hours, but nothing crazy. River is stunning with all the water. Great view points throughout the trail

I go here often with my kids. It's a great spot for walking and picnics. Lots of stuff for the kids to see.

Nice easy nature walk. Fairly busy with people, dogs, and even horses.

bridge out
closed
private property

c, я у и исч

Love to take morning and evening walks here with my kids and dogs. Lovely all year around. Beautiful forest walk with access to the river and waterfall views.

Lots of hills.. Good scenery!

Awesome trail to do with kids or solo, good amount of traffic, friendly people along the way. It took us a little while as I had 2 four year olds with me but I can say they loved it too. We will be coming back for sure!!

Up and down loop that takes roughly 30 minutes to complete. You cross the falls twice and tackle a few steep inclines and staircases. We do this loop fairly often. There are some geocaches along the way as well.

I’m visiting from Ontario, and my best friend and I and our dogs hiked this morning. Trail was light traffic, polite hikers and pups, great exercise and experience for my young Service Dog, breathtaking scenery, sun peeking through the trees, nice breaks between incline and level bits. Perfect way to start the day! (caffeinated first, of course) Downside? My phone pooched before we hit the end so I don’t have pics of the last third of our walk! I managed to get the whole thing recorded, though! Loved it and would do it daily if I could! I def need to move out here...

Great trail. I love this park.

An excellent short hike with lots to see along the way. Check the hours of the hatchery if you want to go inside. A few steps and small hills along the way but easy enough that my small dog and 70 year old father had no issues (we carried Vesco my dog through a few parts as he is 14 years old!)

Splendide parc régional avec un aire de pique-nique. Sentier vallonné et bien aménagé qui longe la rivière et les chutes. Agréable randonnée avec mon chien.

nice walk! nice and cool in the trees on a hot day.

This is a really pretty trail that’s very well maintained. There are some ups and downs so it’s not the flattest. But a really nice option to see nature and lots of pretty viewpoints of the creek along the way.