Juan de Fuca Marine Trail

Juan de Fuca Marine Trail is a 40.7 kilometer moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Capital, British Columbia, Canada that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

40.7 km
1439 m
Point to Point

sea kayaking

surfing

beach

cave

old growth

Nice hiking trail - I followed the trail running recommendation which I do not agree with... hiking yes, running no

I hiked this trail in four days from Botanical Beach to China Beach by myself. It far exceeded my expectations! This was my first multi-day backpacking adventure. The trail was challenging at parts but the views and old growth forests were well worth it. The campsites were very nice with toilet paper and hand soap in the outhouses. There was a lot of traffic on the trail at this time of year which was great for me because I made a lot of friends. I highly recommend this trail!

Friday, September 23, 2016

I'm glad I did the whole thing to learn about great overnights or day trips, but I wouldn't repeat the whole trail again. China Beach to Sombrio gets you a great trip.

Monday, August 22, 2016

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Soms gorgeous parts and absolutely magnificent beaches for camping, away from day trippers. However, it's a lot of ups and downs with very few changes in scenery... so it gets dull after a couple of days. I'd suggest not doing the full trail (skip the part from sombrio to port Renfrew, it's rather long and boring) or just hiking out to Chin or Bear beach for camping.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Some gorgeous spots along the trail but not enough for the effort.

Monday, November 30, 2015

Friday, June 19, 2015

It's a typical west coast hike lots of up/downs not much beach hiking. Easy access from highway has tourists hiking in along trail.

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Saturday, March 29, 2014

The overview is a little deceptive....there are many waterfalls, the trail is very difficult at parts and although "accessible" year round, portions are impassible in rough weather, and the trail is thick with mud almost all year. All that being said, its is an epic trail to see with some incredible places to set up camp - Sombrio Beach being one of my favorites. Here are some videos for a few parts of the trail:
The Botanical Beach area- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK2CGhMJgMQ
And Sombrio Beach - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgfL55q2PvA

Sunday, September 08, 2013

Such a beautiful trail! Every breath you take is either temperate rainforest or the pacific ocean. I started at the China Beach trail head and took four days to get to Botanical Beach. The section of trail between Bear Beach and Chin Beach is very challenging as it is steep switch backs, constantly changing from climbing to descending. The difficulty is worth the effort as you are rewarded with beautiful campsites on the beach and in the forest. Make sure you are prepared for lots of moisture as the rain and fog are as common a trail partner as the 8" banana slugs.