Joffre Lakes [CLOSED] is a 7.7 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Mount Currie, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, camping, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 7.7 km Elevation Gain: 491 m Route Type: Out & Back

closed

It has been reported this trail has a temporary closure due to COVID-19. Please see the park's website for up to date information. This hike offers views of picturesque lakes. There are three: lower, middle, and upper. All the lakes have different colors and breathtaking glacier views. Most of the trail is moderately hard with the exception of a steep incline around the second lake. Note: Campsites in the winter may be closed due to snow. Please check with the park page for more information.

1 minute ago

I went on the 31st of May. parking lot is closed. we parked on the side of the road and jumped over the small barrier (pretty doable). we went all the way to the last lake but there's snow leading to the last lake campsite but the rest is all very doable. some ice and snow but nothing that will be challenging

Hello, those who went recently when the park is closed, where did you guys parked at?

icy

Wednesday May 28, 2020 at 7:00am - Trail is technically closed, but I drove 3hrs to get there so I wasn't turning back. First part is pretty icy/hard snow but then the middle part is fine. Just before the second lake the snow and ice return. Second lake is half frozen, Third lake is fully frozen. Still very beautiful but definitely can't wait to visit when the snow melts. Lots of Whiskeyjacks, in fact two followed me for quite awhile hoping I would feed them I guess. Going up I had the trail to myself! On the way down there were a handful of people! Met a nice young lady on the way down, chatted for a bit...kinda felt like things were getting back to pre COVID-19! Anyway, highly recommend this hike...but go early! PS - Collected several pieces of trash on the way down, please pack out what you pack in folks!!!

Is technically closed right now so be aware of that. A touch icy and snowy patches at the beginning and at the very top. Such a picturesque drive from Pemberton and the lakes on this hike were beautiful.

icy

Great trail! loved everything about this hike. I’m from California and the color of the water just blowed my mind away. It’s soooo beautiful, I didn’t want to leave that place. We started hiking at 7 and had the trail all for ourselves! The middle lake is my absolutely favorite! If you are in that area this hike is a must!

3rd timer always stunning lake .. hike going to the second lake is challeging but very doable. its like an annual hike for us im Joffrey lake

Is this open?

Great hike but can be extremely busy. Be mindful choosing the time to go. When I was last there, it was packed with people on the trail it was kind of annoying. Make sure you go all the way up, climb those rocks and jump in! The beginning of the hike was harder IMO than the last part.

icy

Microspikes ideal over snowshoes right now with the hiking trail packed down, though, snowshoes very ideal at the upper lake if you want to explore beyond the entrance and surrounding area. You need one or the other if you don't want to keep falling on your face and ass! Took 1.5hr to get to the top with microspikes with breaks. Midway is pretty steep, but anyone of reasonable fitness can tackle it. Spectacular.

Great trail, took about 4h to snowshoe, some sections were packed down but overall snowshoes were definitely needed. Not busy. Stunning views especially at the third lake. The main parking lot on the right (coming from Pemberton) was covered in snow but there’s a small lot with packed snow on the left just before it. Definitely more challenging than in the summer but worth it for the rewarding views!

Lots of snow up here today! Parking lot is not plowed so very limited parking, get there early. Snowshoes are a must as the trail is very steep in the middle. So beautiful! One of my favourite hikes, took us 4 hours at a moderate-slow pace

Nice but steep trail. 2nd lake was my personal favourite. Start early, on our way down we saw lots of people going up

Amazing hike, well worth the effort. Some steep parts and switch backs but the 3 lakes at different levels give you a nice break. Stunning scenery. Loved this hike. Knees hated the hike on the way down but so worth it.

recorded Recording - Dec 29, 03:58 PM

perfect day for snowshoeing, though microspikes would have been better. snow is not very deep yet (maybe a foot). snowshoes okay in most places where the trail in punched in, though the steps are tricky, especially going down. not quite enough snow yet to glide over the steps. microspikes much better between the second and third lakes where the roots are sometimes exposed. we walked on all 3 lakes no problem.

Great hike. Worth the trek on a nice day. Very few people compared to some of the other popular lakes in Canada

Very busy trail, make sure you arrive early to avoid crowds. But other than that, super nice walk with great views! Would do it again!

Lots of powdery snow! Made for a great snowshoe adventure.

icy

We started to hiking at 9:30 am. It was really quiet and peaceful. The weather was sunny and cold, The trail was covered with snow, but some icy patches on the trail. We wore crampons, so we could enjoy our hike. All views were spectacular !!!! I highly recommend this trail !!!

icy

Hiked to the 3rd lake on Friday Nov 29 starting at 10am. We had microspikes which were sufficient for us to cross all the ice patches between 1st and 3rd lake, but we're experienced hikers and felt safe doing so. I wouldn't attempt this without spikes right now; a snowfall might cover the ice and make it more passable. Parking lot isn't snowploughed but is easy to navigate with a 2wd with winter tires.

icy

We Went there for a quick hike this afternoon , it was really icy on the way to the 2nd lake . you need to have good micro spikes , few places were really dangerous fully covered by frozen fall . We hiked from 2pm and tried to finish 3lakes before sunset , so we made it at4:30 down to the parking . View was good

icy

I would discourage you for going at this time of the year. We had really good crampons and had to turn around after 3km due to a large ice patch located next to a cliff. It felt verry unsafe to go over it. Coming down was verry slippery even with our equipements. First lake was frozen, so we did not see the blue/green water. Iwould recommend waiting until spring!