Jail and Scout Trail Loop

Jail and Scout Trail Loop is a 7.2 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near Nanaimo C, British Columbia, Canada that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options.

Distance: 7.2 km Elevation Gain: 301 m Route Type: Loop

I connected to this trail on my bike from Ammonite via Jameson road. When I got to the bottom of the gully I could see that steep climb that me and my bike could dangerously make. I would have had to carry the bike in a sketchy effort straight up. Thankfully to my amazement a family was there and they helped hoof my bike up the steep climb to the Doumont side of benson creek. It is a beautiful trail, steep with blown down still and only one spot had a small rope. Clearly, I do not recommend taking your bike this way but on foot it’s a fun scramble.

beautiful trail, could see falls. there was a lot of trees down across the trail in some spots from the winter storm which meant we got pretty muddy and had to do some scrambling so just be prepared. there are many steep sections and there are spots with ropes to help ascend or descend. might be worth it to bring some though for some challenging spots without. took about 3.5 hours for our group of approx 15ppl with varying speeds. worth a repeat.