Hunter Trail is a 7.7 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mission, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from May until October.

Distance: 7.7 km Elevation Gain: 324 m Route Type: Out & Back

PLEASE NOTE: Hunter is not a designated trail, but follows an active logging road to a viewpoint. Please be aware that active Forestry operations do take place along the road and the area may be subject to temporary closure.

31 minutes ago

Great walking trail with a wicked view of a lake at the top! Highly recommend, little steep in some parts but kids were walking it and an older couple on my way up! Good for all Ages!

This was one of my first hikes in a long time and it was great. The view at the top is definitely worth it! There were some steep parts but also a lot of flatter walking, it was a nice mix.

Some steep sections all the way up along a logging road but the view at the top is worth it! This might have to become one of my training spots for hills for trail running.

First serious hike in over 50 years. I made it along with my daughter and grandson. Yes a little steep at first but well worth the destination

Old logging road ‘trail’. First km is steep uphill but levels out until the last climb to the top. Amazing view of stave lake- I do this hike for the view!

Great trail for a short but good intensity walk. It's all gravel logging road to the top and trees on either side - so not much to look at. The view is quite beautiful. It can be done easily with runners and the trail is wide. keep left at all the forks except the first one (that direction is private property)

Although this is just a logging road, it’s a good workout if your looking for some exercise. Our time wasn’t the greatest as I had my 10 year old daughter with us. All in all, a great cardio workout with a fabulous view at the top.

I only went 16mins up cause it started to pour and I’m a lazy hiker. Will try again on another day

nice view at the top of stave

Lovely hike with an incredible view at the top. It was cloudy when we went up but was amazing regardless. I can imagine that it's even nicer on a sunny day.

This is a great hike - it took us about one hour up and a little less down. The view is so incredible. Follow a logging road up and stay to the left at every fork in the road. Can physically distance, although most people don’t move (you can thankfully move though for those people). We had 11 and 12 year olds and they loved it!

The view at the summit is gourgeous, but the hike itself is boring. The whole thing is on a gravel road, with lots of loose rocks. Being a stat holiday was also packed! Overall a good workout, but never again.

Good exercise; Uninteresting hike; Great view at the top. Took a 5 and a 7 yr old, with another on my back, and did it easily in 80 minutes up, about 65 minutes down. Happy to have done it, unlikely to do it again.

This was my first time doing the Hunter Trail, and obviously I took the road less traveled. My group and I didn’t know that we were supposed to stay on the gravel road the entire way; instead, we ventured into one of the unmarked side trails to the left. This trail looked like it was well used, and we thought we were on the right path. After about 50 minutes we did get to a viewpoint. It was a beautiful look out, but we’re not even sure if that’s where we were supposed to be. There were two signs when we got to the top: one said Southview Lookout, and the other one said Hunter look out. We went towards the Southview lookout first, and then decided to go look at the hunter viewpoint. This took us down another path that was very steep as we climbed down. We didn’t see the hunter view point; instead we were back into woods. Eventually, we made it back onto the gravel road, and back to the parking lot. It was quite the adventure. Does anyone know what trail we ended up when we went into the woods? We will definitely go back and stay on the gravel road next time. But it was fun exploring in the woods as well.

Great Hike - would consider it easy hike with beautiful view

May 15 - Pretty nice day for a hike! Saw about 10 other groups of people. Gravel the whole way up fairly rocky. Incline was descent, you’ll get a good workout! Had lunch at the top, beautiful view.. well worth the trip, some flies but nothing too crazy. No snow

Nice hike. 45 minutes to the peak and 25 minutes to get back. Nice and easy.

Nice hike! Great views of the lake from the top. Nice wide trail. Boots recommended but can be done in shoes.

Easy hike! Stunning view

Worth the hike for the view. Follows a rocky logging road up. 45 min up and 40 down for us at a decent pace. Burns the legs pretty good at parts but nothing crazy.

Nice quick hike, stay left at all the forks. Was a great day to do it today. Try going a little early as it started to get busier when we were coming down. Took about 55-58 minutes to get up. It’s all gravel so make sure to watch your step!

A pretty steep walk for the first kilometer or so and then levels out with a more moderate incline. Nice wide gravel road with lots of room to social distance. Could use a few more trail markers but if you keep left at the forks you will be fine. Super view of Stave Lake and surrounding mountains at the top. About 55 minutes up and 40 back.

Good casual hike, just follows a logging road. Great view at the end. Was fairly busy on a sunny Saturday but maybe because other parks are closed.

Great view at the top! Parking lot was full but just park along the road. Quite a bit of people at 10am when I started the hike. It was myself and my dog (who I have leashed at all times) so for people bringing your dogs, 9/10 people are very respectful and will leash their furry friends once they see you coming (thank you!!), the other 1 person not so much, which resulted in a dog fight. And there are also quads on the trails, so just a heads up for everyone with kids and dogs :)