Hicks Lake Trail

Hicks Lake Trail is a 4.4 mile loop trail located near Kent, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Monday, May 09, 2016

We did the loop clockwise. The east part is actually a forest service road and far away from the water.
We missed the trail maker pole at the south end (which was surrounded by brushes and didn't have any sign facing our way) and kept following the forest service road for 8 minutes before confirming by Google map that we're off course. From there the trail was narrow and most of the few bridges were in need of repairs. The trails around the campground was not well marked neither.
The Beaver Pond was closed too.
Overall the trail was easy but a bit boring.

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Monday, February 16, 2015

I hiked this, last Sunday. I ended up getting lost and went the wrong way twice. They need to place more signs and be more clear on which way the hiking trail is. Part of it is a logging trail and it forks off to upper hicks and lower hicks. I took the upper way and it was sooo steep and it ended up being a dead end. Beautiful view though. So I walked back down to the lower part and I guess the road veers off to a dirt path but there are no signs! So I kept following the logging road, where I had to turn around again. A 2 hour hike turned into a 4.5 hour hike.

Monday, July 05, 2010