Photos of Heiko's Trail to Three Sister's Summit

cave

One note about the trailhead: We had A LOT of trouble figuring out where to start. We came in a car. We ended up trekking in to the trailhead about one hour as a low car CANNOT drive to the trailhead

Once we did find the trailhead it was a very interesting hike. One of the most diverse hikes I have done. Firstly you come across STUNNING waterfalls at Jumping Waters, then some exploring in Bisaro Cave, and then the steepness is gone and you are rewarded with wide open meadows of wildflowers with towering mountain peaks on all sides. After the meadows its another moderate hike to the trail junction where you can either continue on Mountain Lakes Trail or summit the spine of the Three Sisters. I can't recommend it enough. It is a TOUGH, STEEP, scramble to the top, with a bit of technicality close to the summit, but so worth it. 360' views of the Elk Valley. We then came back the way we had come.
We did this in one long, 9 hour day. Having to trek into the trailhead made it longer than it should have been. But this seems like a PERFECT 2 day-er. Set up your camp at the base of the summit, summit in the evening, and then trek back the next day. It is doable in one long day, but you are pooped out by the end. We also had a bit of a time crunch as we had to be back by 11pm for my night shift, so that was added pressure.
Awesome hike. I will be doing it again!