Golden Ears Trail

Golden Ears Trail is a 22.2 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

22.2 km
1649 m

Probably one of my favorites, if not my favorite. It has 360° views and it's really worth an overnight trip so you'll have longer to take that beauty in! This one is a must!!!

Did it in one day. 5 hours up, 4 hours down. It was a grind but so worth it. The summit is very reachable with hiking boots and poles, however there is a couple scrambles, nothing too exposed. Highly recommend!

Amazing view. Make sure you are in shape, difficult last 2km and then the decent felt long.

Great hike! Just tried the West trail past Alder flats (as far as I could go) made it just past the rock slide lookout. Trail was not passable at the first large hairpin. Way too much snow.

Thursday, October 06, 2016

super difficult but the view is absolutley amazing. the summit is very sketchy.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Great.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

September 26, 2015. Started at 9:20AM. Had planned to overnight and summit the following day. Made it to Panorama Ridge by 2:45PM. Got caught in a hailstorm while setting up camp. Couldn't warm up after that and ended up heading down at 5:00PM. Got back to the truck at 8:00PM!

Sunday, September 06, 2015

Love it had good time

Saturday, August 29, 2015

I love hiking all the Ears trails

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The hike was great. Took a dog with me. Spent the night at the hut. The sun set and sunrise was awesome. Will do it again soon.

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Great overnight hike

Sunday, August 09, 2015

Fantastic hike

Thursday, July 09, 2015

Great hike, not recommended for beginners or those recovering from knee surgery. Did 3/4 of this hike (one way) with two beginners, still awesome despite not being able to get through the whole trail.

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Amazing, but challenging. Go early if you want to do it in one day. Otherwise stay overnight. Have a proper footwear as on the way down its very hard in toes and knees. and tape up your toes if you want to save your toe nails on the way down ;)

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I love this hike ,it's amazing ,it's a bit of a challenge though but well worth it :) .

Saturday, May 23, 2015

It done this hike 4 times and have reached the summit once. Took me all day but I would recommend camping at alder flats or much higher into the hike preferably around 3.5 hours in. There was snow right after the shelter in September so make sure you have proper foot ware. Best hike and beat view I've ever done though. Have fun !

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Love this trail! its definitely one of my all time favourites! I completed it in a day with my mom in early September (just under 12 hrs including breaks) and it was amazing! next time I would definitely camp however because I felt like I didn't get to enjoy the scenery and views as much as I would have liked. Not to mention the sunset! A must hike for any avid outdoor person.

Note to anyone reading the "details" tab of this page...I definitely wouldn't classify this hike as "easy" whatsoever. You don't need any technical skill or climbing gear but it's definitely a very strenuous hike. Also, it probably shouldnt be labelled as a "year-round" hike, more late spring - late fall. I guess depending on your experience and gear it would be possible to summit year round but for most people that would be very unsafe. Does anyone know who writes the details page?

Friday, September 19, 2014

Completed this hike for the first timein a day (12hrs round trip including breaks) with my mom back in early September 2014. It was amazing and I can guarantee that I will be back. It's definitely doable as a day hike if you are fit but next time I think I'd like to camp on Panorama Ridge to experience the sunset and sunrise. By doing the hike in a day I felt like I wasn't able to spend enough time enjoying the incredible views from the top as I would have liked to. Overall a steep and strenuous, yet absolutely worth the effort, hike.

Friday, August 09, 2013

Amazing hike! My new favourite! Aug 3/13 The trail has a great variety and little breaks from the incline. Trail, rock, scrambling, climbing over roots and rock, incline. Starts easy, gets harder, option to drop your pack and set up camp about 2 hours in at alderflats. Most people seem to do this but I would highly recommend taking your pack up 4 more hours to the clearing - meadow like - just before the emergency hut and camping there! Drop your pack and just take the basics up the last hour to the peak. After the hut when you hit the snow be sure you have been following the orange flags, if its cloudy it is easy to miss them and the white out effect can result in climbing some pretty steep rock areas or even getting disoriented and lost. A lot easier to follow the trail on the way down from the peak as you start about the clouds. What a gorgeous view!! So incredible! Start early enough in the day to have time to enjoy the top, stop to drink ice cold water from a fountain on your way back to the hut! The sunset I had in the meadow area was spectacular! Well worth carrying a pack all the way up. Be sure to take enough water as the supply after alderflats is minimal to none until you hit the snow after the hut.
Enjoy! Gods creation is on display up there!

Friday, February 01, 2013

If this is your first hike of the year, you might want to think again! This is a great workout and well worth the beautiful scenery. Make sure to wear good hiking boot since there is a long stretch of trail with medium size boulders. Ankle and sole support is a good idea to keep in mind when choosing s pair of boots. If you want to avoid the snow at the emergency shelter, try hiking the Golden Ears trail in August. There are camping sites not far down from the emergency shelter. Later into September is probably best for summiting on less snow. Be prepared, be safe, and most importantly have fun!