Garibaldi Lake Trail

Garibaldi Lake Trail is a 18.5 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Squamish-Lillooet, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until November.

18.5 km
995 m

really nice trail. moderate hard

We did this hike in early November, one of my favorite hikes I've ever done! The trail is very well maintained and well marked. The first half is a pretty steep incline so fairly intense, but the last part near the lake flattens out a bit. We weren't prepared for how cold the top was, so make sure to bring layers if you're hiking in fall/spring/winter. We left at 1pm and got back around 5:30pm, but didn't stop for a break.

Incredible place!

Absolutely stunning and breathtakingly beautiful. the water is so blue!!

Amazing Trail and super beautiful lake I never seen before .

I did this trail at the end of September. First hike in BC. The weather started off around 10deg in the morning around 9am and got to around 18deg around 2pm. I did the Girabaldi Trail to the lake, hung out with campers and took photos (90% of folks on the trail seemed to be backpackers) and then headed back via the trail that goes up to Black Tusk lookout (did a short must-do jaunt to get a view of the lake from up Black Tusk Meadows) before heading back through Taylor Meadows. The trail through Lesser Garibaldi Lake is a little tight and windy with tree roots (~1.5 mi) but the lake is beautiful (needless to say!) I think I preferred the return trail of Black Tusk and Taylor Meadows (beautiful foot bridges, wide open spaces, awe-inspiring views). 15.6mi 4300ft 5.5 hrs total time (30 min break at the lake for lunch, plenty of photo talking time). The descent may start to hurt your knees or hips so bring Advil/hiking poles ;) Enjoy!

I think this might have been the most beautiful place I have ever seen. I did this hike yesterday and it took about 5 hours round trip. The first 7km are a nice steady uphill climb but it is all worth it. The trail is well maintained and the trail head is easy to find. Go early if you plan on doing it just for the day so you have time to go around the lake.

Gradually ascending trail, good to go with friends
Nice view at the top and definitely recommend to camp a night to reach higher up!

Montée interminable dans les bois mais régulière sur un très bon sentier. La vue du lac récompense les efforts.
Il faudrait camper au bord du lac pour continuer le lendemain sur panorama ridge, ce que nous n'avons pas pu faire...

Beautiful view, well worth the effort

Just hiked this today (8/21/2017). Probably the most beautiful hike I've done. The first 4km are challenging as it is completely inclined. after the fork to taylor meadows and garibaldi, it gets easier. if you choose to camp, just know that you have to hike 7km from the parking lot to the camp site. the lake is beautiful and the view points are unbeatable.

One of my favourite lakes in the area! Definitely very busy during weekends and summer. The trail is not technical and gradual sloping for the first 6km, until you reach the barrier lookout (highly recommend this 100m detour). For the next 3km it's relatively flat and passes two lakes before reaching garibaldi lake. Cross the bridge and walk along the side of the water until you reach the camping cooking shelters and picnic tables along the trail beside the water. Gorgeous views and a perfect places for a cold swim and snacks.

Incredible and worth the hike up!

challenging hike up to the beautifully coloured lake. it was a but cloudy and overcast when I went but still spectacular. hiked a bit further up toward black tusk and was beautiful seeing the alpine meadows, the descent down the switchbacks seems never ending. .. but overall a great day hike.

Great trail...way too many humans to enjoy it. Drudgery on the way there but the lake would have made it worth it if it weren't for the masses of humans.

What a hike! The path is clean all the way. There are not too many delicate spots. Elevation is pretty serious but constant. Couple rewards with great viewpoints on the way, not only at the very end with this awesome blue water and the famous lake! This trail is a bit intense, it could have been rated between moderate and hard. This hike took me 2h45 on the way up and 1h55 on the way back after a 25min break at the lake. Elevation is lower than mentioned in the description, it is around 820m. Sticks can be useful for the way back. Have fun, this is beautiful!

Made a professional video of the hike here:

Please watch it and subscribe for more awesome videos of hikes and places in BC

Thanks!

Awesome trail! Really well marked.. get there early otherwise lots of people on the trail. I was there at 7am only a few people hiking up, only campers on the top.. incredible lake!!
Took me 2hrs 29min round trip.. 18km total

Wow! I stayed at Garibaldi Lake Campground last night (July 6, 2017) and it was simply magnificent. Backpacking up Garibaldi Lake trail with a loaded pack was a challenge but due to a late start I tried my best to hustle (while still enjoying the scenery) and made it to camp in 3 hours. I was literally taken aback by the beauty of the lakes... oh and the fact the campground is still completely covered in snow. Luckily I managed to find a relatively snow free spot and set up my three season tent. It was a cold cold night but I was equipped with a pretty decent sleeping bag and a life saving insulated sleep pad. I loved having dinner and breakfast by the lake. I will hopefully make another trip in the future, spending more time in the area, and doing a day hike to Panorama Ridge and/or Black Tusk. Highly recommend!

Done this on July 4th, met a good amount of people on way up and down but no traffic. Gorgeous views of the lake, few snow patches on the last 2 kms and quite a lot of snow on top, but everything walkable with most types of shows. We expected low temperatures because of the snow but it was quite hot on top too.
Didn't camp up, but most people were setting tents on top of the snow, hard to find spots without snow near lake itself.
Took us 2hrs45mins on the way up taking few pauses and just over 2 hrs on the way down.