Garibaldi Lake Trail

Garibaldi Lake Trail is a 18.5 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Squamish-Lillooet, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until November.

18.5 km
1214 m

We did this hike in early November, one of my favorite hikes I've ever done! The trail is very well maintained and well marked. The first half is a pretty steep incline so fairly intense, but the last part near the lake flattens out a bit. We weren't prepared for how cold the top was, so make sure to bring layers if you're hiking in fall/spring/winter. We left at 1pm and got back around 5:30pm, but didn't stop for a break.

Incredible place!

Absolutely stunning and breathtakingly beautiful. the water is so blue!!

Amazing Trail and super beautiful lake I never seen before .

I did this trail at the end of September. First hike in BC. The weather started off around 10deg in the morning around 9am and got to around 18deg around 2pm. I did the Girabaldi Trail to the lake, hung out with campers and took photos (90% of folks on the trail seemed to be backpackers) and then headed back via the trail that goes up to Black Tusk lookout (did a short must-do jaunt to get a view of the lake from up Black Tusk Meadows) before heading back through Taylor Meadows. The trail through Lesser Garibaldi Lake is a little tight and windy with tree roots (~1.5 mi) but the lake is beautiful (needless to say!) I think I preferred the return trail of Black Tusk and Taylor Meadows (beautiful foot bridges, wide open spaces, awe-inspiring views). 15.6mi 4300ft 5.5 hrs total time (30 min break at the lake for lunch, plenty of photo talking time). The descent may start to hurt your knees or hips so bring Advil/hiking poles ;) Enjoy!

I think this might have been the most beautiful place I have ever seen. I did this hike yesterday and it took about 5 hours round trip. The first 7km are a nice steady uphill climb but it is all worth it. The trail is well maintained and the trail head is easy to find. Go early if you plan on doing it just for the day so you have time to go around the lake.

Gradually ascending trail, good to go with friends
Nice view at the top and definitely recommend to camp a night to reach higher up!