Frosty Mountain is a 27.0 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Okanagan-Similkameen H, British Columbia, Canada that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 27.0 km Elevation Gain: 1,644 m Route Type: Loop

Did this on Oct 30th and it was a GORGEOUS day. Consistent snow started around the 4km mark, and by the 7km mark at the campsite hubby and I donned our microspikes. The snow on the trail was packed down from other hikers that came this week (we were the only ones there all day yesterday!) and only a bit of pathfinding was needed before the final ascent up onto the crest. That bit definitely requires microspikes as it’s steep and icy/snowy. Once up top it was nothing but blue skies and endless views!

Phone battery will not last if it is cold while you're nearing the top. As a result I didn't get an accurate recording.

Great day in the snow! s

recorded Frosty Mountain

Hiked this trail on Sept. 21, 2019. We did a loop going clockwise. ~ 50% of the larches were golden by this time. The first part of the home was a bit boring ... This loop was perfect for some trail running since the path was so nice. My favorite part of the hike was passed the 13 km mark when mountainous scenery came into view plus the steeper climb up to the ridge. Oh I love making my way onto the ridge and stepping over a rocky terrain toward the top. So much fun. Spectacular view at the top on this clear day. But soon after, the clouds/fog started to roll in obscuring the view. Windy and chilly up top.

Amazing trail. We started off and got the elevation done from the steepest TH. Then it was all easy sailing for the back section. Incredible views. No water is available. I brought 4L and drank pretty much all of it.

Beautiful hike. We took the clockwise route (11.00am - 7.30pm) without too many stops, if you're looking to hit the peak for the view and don't have 8 hours go counter-clockwise from Lightning Lake and take the same trail back down from the top. Trail quality is fantastic.

This is a difficult Trail and the last Kilometre to the top is a bit of a scramble, bearing this in mind I’m 17stone and managed to do this trail, it was hard at times but it is 100% worth it. The highest point in Manning Park and the best view in Manning Park! The scenery on the way up is fantastic but when you reach the summit it is truly spectacular!! Highly recommended hike! A must do if in Manning Park. Took about 9 hours return trip from Lightening Lake.

We went out and back rather Han the loop and took about 7 hours. Stunning views and meadows

Great amazing hike! Hiked into PCT camp night before. Hiked Frosty July 26. Started early to beat the hot sun and bugs. Trail was good with loads of switch back however not much shade and no wind so super hot. About 400m to summit, the climb is intense! It's basically scrambling with a foot wide path, rocky, one side of mountain a sheer drop. I'm not fearful of most things but I had fear of falling and froze a few times before convincing myself to move on. Not for the faint of heart! I hiked back to camp instead of doing loop. Views are phenomenal!!

Great trail. Climbing to the true summit took 1.5 hours from the east summit over loose and somewhat exposed rock. It's possible to bushwhack down the west ridge to lightning/flash lake, lots of deadfall but mostly easy going.

Beauty

This is a wonderful loop. Currently substantial blowdown in the section between Frosty and Windy Joe. Don’t be a sucker. Go up Windy Joe too. It’s a beautiful place. Amazing trail. Manning Park is beyond beautiful for hiking!!

The trail is in excellent condition almost no snow and the views are outstanding. Excellent for trail running on the way down.

Snowed out June 20th, made it past the camp before I turned around as the trail disappeared into snow drifts, probably a cool trail but wait for a nice day...

Mon May 20 2019

Hiked this trail on 2019-05-18. At about 4km, the trail turns to snow (ankle to knee deep depending on where you step) and it’s impossible to follow a trail as there aren’t any markers. We had to use the map provided here in this app to find our way to the campsite at 7km (there is no service so I highly recommend downloading the map beforehand and bringing some sort of portable charger for your phone). The campsite was covered with snow and we were pretty defeated but I didn’t want to give up. We continued up to the summit which was about 3.5 more kilometers of climbing in waist deep steep snow (mind you, all we had were hiking shoes, would not recommend) and eventually made it to the top. Moral of the story, don’t hike this trail if either a) you aren’t prepared for the snow or b) it isn’t July. Great views at the top which made it sorta worth it, but I definitely would never do it again in those conditions.

Fri Apr 19 2019

Found this trail easier than the stats suggest, but completed the 22km route instead of the loop. The trail is well used and easy to follow. Good distribution of views, combined with the golden larches (in the fall) and then finish it up with the rocky exposed summit! Perfect day hike!

Sat Mar 02 2019

This is a hike you owe to yourself.

Tue Nov 20 2018

Hiked Sept. 1: Stunning views for much of the hike! Long, but not too steep incline. Really rocky near the summit and appears intimidating, but is not so bad. It was tempting to turn back at the ridge near the summit, but it’s worth it to just go all the way! (Didn’t do the loop as quoted in the hike faqs here > did the Lightning Lake ~22K route).