Flora Lake Trail

Flora Lake Trail is a 19.3 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Fraser Valley, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

19.3 km
1,957 m

This trail should really be marked as Difficult. the elevation gain and length make this hike a real burner. not only do you hike up the mountain, but then you hike down the mountain to flora lake - and the you turn around and hike back up the mountain again. kind of a double whammy.
amazing hike though, beautiful views most of the way. It took me and and avid hiker friend 6 hours to complete (and we hauled ass the whole way and only breaked at flora for 30 minutes) if you are a slower or less aggressive hiker, I would anticipate closer to 8 hours.

June 20th 2018

This is a reasonably steep hike, it starts out in the woods and you be going uphill through them for the first 4 kilometers or so. After that it flattens out when you enter the Alpine meadows.

Absolutely beautiful hike. Wildflowers are blooming up in the meadows and the snow starts soon after that. I didn't end up going to the lake as I didn't fancy picking my way down the snowy slope to it so instead I climbed up to the peak.

The path to Gloria peak was a bit of a slippery scramble in the snow, I ended up using my poles as makeshift ice axes and I wouldn't do it without microspikes. Once you get you the peak you're treated with an amazing 360 view of the surrounding mountains. If you decide to head up to the peak when the snows gone I'm sure it would be much easier though.

Only made it to the 5.5km mark up and had to turn back due to snow and being so slippy.

Amazing views and camping!!

Friday, July 14, 2017

Stunning views along the trail leading up to Flora Lake and the peak. A detour to the peak is definitely worth your time. Breathtaking 360 degree views of surrounding mountains. Natures claiming back the trail between Flora Lake and Greendrop Lake. Trail is hard to locate at times, and overgrown.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Nice hike, took 6 hours to the lake and back. Passed a couple people coming down but had the whole lake to myself
Had a surprise hail storm on the way.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Hard hike! Didn't make it all the way to Flora as the snow made it hard to find the path but still got some nice views.

Friday, July 08, 2016

Flora was fantastic! Her natural beauty and her charm flowed elegantly throughout her trails. I could spend days in her presence. Her birda is cute. Well worth exploring the extensively intimate trails of her body, soul and character.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Nice View

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Just last weekend (May 18, 2015) two of my friends and myself hiked/camped at Lindeman and hiked to Green drop and then Flora and back to the base.

From Greendrop the trail to Flora was often very thin and blocked by fallen trees, and at times hard to find the next marker.

Due to it being May the highest point of the hike, and heading almost all the way down to Flora was covered in snow.

Flora was a challenge, especially with full 60L bags, but if you want a good workout and a hilly, rocky hike give it a go.

If I were to do this hike again I would do it from base to Flora and out through lindeman.

Saturday, March 01, 2014

The loop is long and not very well maintained in many places. The trail is poorly marked which can make it confusing. There is also lots of Devil's club encroaching on the trail. Lots of tiring scree fields. Beautiful views at the top of Flora peak of Chilliwack Lake and the surrounding mountains. I would advise going straight up and down Flora, as opposed to doing the loop from Lindeman to Greendrop to Flora, as the loop is not really worth it and isn't much easier than going straight up and down. There are a couple of decent campsites at Flora Lake and it makes for a nice overnighter.

Sunday, May 22, 2016