Evans Peak Trail

Evans Peak Trail is a 8.2 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

8.2 km
1013 m

We did this hike June 25th 2017. It was a fun hike and we made it to the top with clear weather. I made a helpful video for this hike and posted it on youtube. It will give you an idea of what to expect if you want to do this hike.

great training trail.. straight up! take lots of fuel. dog handled it well (harness recommended)the waterfalls and top view is great! perfect day hike!

Certain parts are challenging but great view from the top. Took my 12 yr old son and I just under 3hrs up and 2.5 down and we were passed a couple times so 4hrs is slowest possible time. Filled up our water bottles at the 2hr mark.

Amazing amazing view! Very hard and steep. Still well worth it though.

Hiked yesterday, there is still a lot of snow at the top. Past the last viewpoint you walk on snow for majority of the way, crampons would help but not required. Lots of bugs.

Great trail to hike, with many switch backs. Would recommend anyone with not so good cardio to take the trail slow. Amazing views at the top and halfway through.

Nice hike, but quite hard. I couldn't finish due the snow. Get ready to use your hand in the trail.

Awesome trail. Creek crossing may be a little tricky for some but all very doable. Good challenge.

Good hike. Treacherous during winter months. Still passable, but proper footwear and equipment is needed to do safely and enjoyably. Tack on a good chunk of extra time for the slowed pace due to snow. Did not make it to peak but still found nice look out at plateau nearing the top. We missed the gate closing by 20 minutes and ended up getting locked in but the park ranger let us out. Oops.

Started hiking late and had to turn around just below the summit. Hopefully it might be worth the trip back for the summit. Not many lookouts on the way up and it is very STEEP with some near pure climbing stretches.

Monday, July 18, 2016

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Compared to 6 weeks ago this was a totally different trail! Snow was all but gone except for a few hard patches at the top. Great hike!

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Did this trail on March 19th. Started from the West Canyon parking lot at 8:30AM. Hit snow after 2 hrs. I used micro spikes as it was to steep for snowshoes. Reached the summit by 11:20AM. Back at the truck by 1:25PM. Great trip!

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Hiked in May, deep snow on the top 3rd of the hike. Very steep incline pretty much the whole time. Need to use your hands at points to prevent sliding down. Tough trail and we had to turn back just short of the peak due to daylight hours and bad conditions. Hope to return in the summer though I have heard the bugs are bad in the summer.
I did not find the trail to be marked very well so be careful not to miss your turn off!
Good luck, it's a tough one... Can't say I really enjoyed it.