Elk - Thurston Mountain Trail

Elk - Thurston Mountain Trail is a 14.3 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and snowshoeing and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

14.3 km
1151 m

I don't know what it is about this one but it's always been one of my go-to hikes to bring people on. Elk mountain will always have a piece of my heart and the trail is filled with amazing memories for me

This trail is good, bring plenty of water( it's always good to have more than you think you need).
We made a mistake of "just keep going until we hit the dead end" and ended up 3.2kms on the other side of the mountain before we realized this place has more than one way to hike and had to hike all the way back which made it more than 20km. It was totally worth it since we saw a bird with her chicks on the forest floor, really rewarding.

This trail was great! Steady uphill for most of the way and quite steep as you move towards the end. I'm new and this was doable!
Was very scary at the end where the loose shale is and you are very close to the edge. This made me quite panicked and I almost did not finish do to how dangerous I felt it was. The views are absolutely amazing and it is worth it. Be sure to wear good shoes with lots of tread.
Took about 4.5 hours total!

I wouldn't rate this hard

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Saturday, April 02, 2016

chilliwack grind. 2.5 hrs up. 45 mins down running.

Monday, June 08, 2015