Eagle Ridge Trail is a 21.2 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and running and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 21.2 km Elevation Gain: 1,074 m Route Type: Loop

closed

Note: This trail is currently closed due to COVID-19.

The trail is closed for COVID

Went up to Polyrichum Lookout Jan 11th, 2020. (2 hours round trip) No snow at the bottom and then quite a bit of slush above 500m before turning into hard pack. Just past the look out (660m) would be a great place to add snowshoes. I left min in the truck and turned back down. Leaving a reason to come back and complete the whole thing.

Fun hike, going 5 km up, in two hours, gaining 800 meters of elevation. Trail was well marked and easy to follow. At the end of December, there was just snow at the end of my hike, and I turned back when I needed spikes for hiking in the snow. I look forward to going a bit further so that I can see the lakes next time! There was a waterfall next to the trail for most of the way, but the trees usually block you from seeing it very well. I look forward to going back!

icy

Trail is icy above Polytrichum and has a thin layer of snow. Likely to get much more snow in the immediate future! Spikes were helpful coming down. This is pleasant hike that eventually leads to some panoramic viewpoints and some impressive stands of ancient forest. Please check the gate closing times if you are parking at the Buntzen Lake Rec. Area.

Beautiful view on the mountain which is worth to take your effort! I had very good experience with my dog during the trail. I gave up to cross the lake on the top of the mountain. There were weird bird sound in that silent lake which make me scare. I couldn’t see any new mark so I decided to turn back

Lots blueberries along the road

I don’t really understand people gushing over this trail... It’s worth doing in the shoulder season. Otherwise I wouldn’t bother. In Buntzen Park The Diez Vistas Trail is a better hike, even with the lower elevation. Most of this hike is in the trees, and lots of roots and mud to contend with. The reward at the top is ok, but not really worth the effort. It’s a good workout though, and the big selling point is it’s proximity to Vancouver. This hike would be forgotten about if it was up in the Garibaldi’s. Do it if you only have limited time, and want to stay close to Vancouver. But I would do Diez Vistas ahead of this for sure.

I skipped the East and West Loop. The trail was super quiet, and spectacular.

Great trail with stunning viewpoint and some nice lakes at the top. Lots of bugs (non bitey) near the lakes. We saw about 10 people during the entire hike, so not bad. Entire trail is in the trees, so no exposure. The trail is about 20km with 1000m elevation. You can do this trail easily in 4.5-5 hours. We had some very slow ppl in our group and it took 7 hours, but the trail is not hard. The labelling is misleading. There is no actual trail called ‘Eagle Ridge’. Officially (according to signage and BC hydro website) this is the Halvor Lunden Trail. Recommended!

Interesting hike. Distance on hike is misleading as it is closer to 20km round trip.

Trail is in good shape. Pretty steep. I only made it to the first lookout.

July 22nd did this trail with my husband and our dog. Trail is marked great compared to a few months ago when we did it. We went from the bottom to West Lake Loop around the lakes (didn’t see any wild life but definitely felt uneasy so be alert) then had lunch at one of the view points. Our GPS said 15.89km in total and took us 5hrs. Worth doing once, but very unforgiving on the way down.

Went July 21st. the trail was well marked, and clear of blowdowns and overgrowth. GPS logged 16km from the bottom to the pulpit and back. Took 7hours at a leisurely pace including a long lunch at the top.

Great hike and trail was well marked . Definitely a work out with not many breaks in the accent till the trail splits left and right . Went left where all the view points are and came back the same way from the last view point . Round trip it took me 5.5hrs with 3hrs up and 2.5 down . Also surprisingly not very busy for a Saturday since most people go to the lake .

Snow long gone by now. But muddy in the dips. First part is hard headed up but then the trails evens out some. Still up and down though. A lot of interesting things to see and absolutely worth it to make the extra effort to climb up the the Spahat Rigg detour. That was my favorite part. All in all, longer than advertised but well worth the effort.

Sun May 26 2019

Sat May 18 2019

Wed May 01 2019

Great trail, even though there was a lot and deep muddy snow, especially after Spahat's Rigg (went clockwise, 1st of May). Magnificent views from the POIs, but you have to earn it since the first few kilometers are very steep and demanding.

Tue Apr 23 2019

Great trail, but there is still a lot of snow on top. Make sure to pack your snowshoes. Trail markers are mainly covered by snow, and it is still difficult to find your way using GPS. Will try again in a couple of weeks.

Sun Jan 20 2019

Just a quick conditions update: wet ground but no snow until past Polytrichum. Snow becomes continuous past approx 850m elevation. Spikes were helpful as it was hard packed. Subject to change with more winter weather systems on the way. Trail up to White Rock L/O involved much postholing and dodging blowdown. Not too pleasant, but with the usual nice view payoff!

Fri Jul 06 2018

The views along the ridge are truly spectacular and well worth the substantial amount of work you have to put in to see them. My hike stats after completing this trail were 15km and 1250M of total elevation gain which varies slightly from the posted ones on this app. It took me 5 hours round trip, about 3hours to Lindsey Lake and then 2 hours down. The first 1km is a nice warm up from the parking lot but once you turn on to the main trail you are in for 2.5-3kms of relentlessly steady climbing. A manageable grade but very little level relief to catch your breath. Once you reach the point where you have to choose which way to go you’ve done about 80% of your elevation gain. I chose to go left at the junction and see the viewpoints on the west side of Eagle Mountain first, high above Buntzen Lake. There are multiple view points as you traverse the ridge. Once you reach Lindsey Lake the trail turns to the backside of the mountain where you are treated to multiple small lakes (more like ponds). The last bit of the snow is melting and there was a lot of standing water on this part of the trail but it was easy to navigate around it. The trail is very well marked. Any time I felt like I wasn’t sure which way to go there were markers to keep me headed in the right direction. The climb down was almost as hard as the way up only with different muscles. Take it slow and preserve your knees! Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this hike. It was the longest hike with the most elevation gain I’ve done to date. It was a heck of a workout but even with the sore muscle two days later I still think it was totally worth it!

Mon Apr 30 2018

Compact snow above 900m, micro spikes helped. Still 2+ feet of snow through the lakes and onto the ridge toward Lindsay Lake.