Dog Mountain Trail

Dog Mountain Trail is a 4.7 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near North Vancouver District, British Columbia, Canada that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and snowshoeing and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

4.7 km
181 m

I really like this one. It's a great one to take a beginner on and has a great view for such medium effort to get there!

Great view! Can be rocky in some parts. I'd recommend hiking boots.

Good, easy hike. Great view at the top!

Nice hike but you can go more than 100 feet without running into someone else. So if you like a social climb this is perfect!

Short, sweet, technical and pretty views at the end. The downside is that it became very popular and unless you go very early morning, it's a zoo out there.

A nice trail with amazing views.

Trail was really good and the view was beautiful. The lake is gorgeous. Only complaint is that it's hard to follow the trail sometimes and some parts seemed a little hazardous.

yes the view was great and nice day too but I and my wife had to come back half way because of bugs. Lot of bugs. so much bugs. bugs were flying everywhere, get into my mouth, nose, ears, my back, all over my arms and legs and sucking bloods. my wife was wearing a cap and she freaked out because these bugs were sitting underneath her cap shade, many of them. I'm not coming back to this trail in July anymore. please someone tells me when would be the best time to do this trail with no bugs. I come to have so much respect those hikers who finish the trail under this circumstance. but must be great trail. it was just me and my wife who couldn't handle this.

Hiked 7/3, starting around noon. As others have noted, there was still a pretty solid layer of snow covering 1/2-3/4 of the trail. The warm sun softened up the snow a bit, making it somewhat slippery in spots - but still definitely manageable with regular hiking boots (no real need for micro-spikes). Very buggy, but if you hike at a decent pace, you shouldn't be too bothered by them.

I found the hike to be very enjoyable. Not terribly challenging, but a very exciting route through some beautiful terrain. The view at the peak is spectacular. Easy to see the Vancouver skyline - even more impressive to see the snow-capped mountains in the opposite direction.

Snow still there, some part very slippery. muggy, and a lot of bugs. Nice view!