Dog Mountain Trail

Dog Mountain Trail is a 4.7 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near North Vancouver District, British Columbia, Canada that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and snowshoeing and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

4.7 km
181 m

20 minutes ago

Short, sweet, technical and pretty views at the end. The downside is that it became very popular and unless you go very early morning, it's a zoo out there.

A nice trail with amazing views.

Trail was really good and the view was beautiful. The lake is gorgeous. Only complaint is that it's hard to follow the trail sometimes and some parts seemed a little hazardous.

yes the view was great and nice day too but I and my wife had to come back half way because of bugs. Lot of bugs. so much bugs. bugs were flying everywhere, get into my mouth, nose, ears, my back, all over my arms and legs and sucking bloods. my wife was wearing a cap and she freaked out because these bugs were sitting underneath her cap shade, many of them. I'm not coming back to this trail in July anymore. please someone tells me when would be the best time to do this trail with no bugs. I come to have so much respect those hikers who finish the trail under this circumstance. but must be great trail. it was just me and my wife who couldn't handle this.

Hiked 7/3, starting around noon. As others have noted, there was still a pretty solid layer of snow covering 1/2-3/4 of the trail. The warm sun softened up the snow a bit, making it somewhat slippery in spots - but still definitely manageable with regular hiking boots (no real need for micro-spikes). Very buggy, but if you hike at a decent pace, you shouldn't be too bothered by them.

I found the hike to be very enjoyable. Not terribly challenging, but a very exciting route through some beautiful terrain. The view at the peak is spectacular. Easy to see the Vancouver skyline - even more impressive to see the snow-capped mountains in the opposite direction.

Snow still there, some part very slippery. muggy, and a lot of bugs. Nice view!

Solid layer of snow most of the way up. A lot of people were wearing running shoes and managed fine. Great view at the top with lots of room to sit and relax. Fairly short hike, it took me 2 hours total including 20 minutes at the top.

Enjoyable, very scenic when you summit (assuming the fog's not blocked the view).

easy hike avoid during tourist season. Can be hiked in the snow.

Hiked it on April 21. Tons of snow. Hard packed. Trail well marked. Was able to run almost all of it. Snowshoes are absolutely not necessary, however, as I said plenty of snow up there still for snowshoeing if that's what you enjoy. I would recommend solid hiking boots though and gators to keep your feet dry when you sink in knee deep when you accidentally step off the trail. Stay away from the lake and creeks, tree wells, obviously. In my opinion, a much much easier hike in winter conditions. Enjoy!

Hiked this in the snow. There's probably about 20' of snow up there right now but the trail is really well marked. Just make sure you dress accordingly for snow!

Fun times snowshoeing with friends

Very nice