Diez Vistas Trail

Diez Vistas Trail is a 12.6 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

12.6 km
614 m

beach

Love this trail. One of my all time favourites. After you make it past the steep section it’s rolling hills and beautiful views.

.... the trail can be rather rooty at times but for the most part , an enjoyable walk with a few ( not 10) spots with great views of Vancouver... with a beach at both ends and many options to modify the return journey it makes for a great lower elevation hike when the higher peaks are still covered in snow .

I did this hike for the first time a few weeks ago. Most of the views are overgrown (and we actually passed right by most of them without knowing) but there are a few that aren’t and those are really pretty! The best views happen early on in the hike, then the rest of the hike is mostly weaving through the forest - I personally loved this!

I’ll definitely be doing it again.

tail gets a bit confusing at points and the views at each piont get somewhat repetative, that's if you can find them all.

Good hike but of the 10 views I only really thought one was worth stopping for and the final loop around the lake is a little boring.

Good workout hiking. Very nice surroundings.
Dont go here cause I like it more quiet lol

Hiked from Sasimat lake as butzen didnt open that early. Hiked to second view and returned taking the buntzen side of the small loop. Trail is dry and still well marked. Five ish hours at a moderate pace. Nice morning hike alittle tough on the knees.

I don't recommend. Views are not more than OK and the path is full of rocks and roots. You will see nothing except trees for 99% of your hike. You can find way better hikes in the area.

Hiked trail today for the first time found it to be in good shape views were great.
The trail was well marked with steep vertical at the start,sure footing required
Note this route is harder than the lake trail,the post that sugested to do the lake trail a couple of times first is good advice

I’ve done this a lot in the summer. Does anyone know the current conditions of this trail?

A bit of everything on this trail. No water sources at all other than two rancid swamp ponds. Pack water.

Great view!

Really satisfying hike with a mix of challenging and easy sections. We found 3 viewpoints on the ridge the rest seemed to be overgrown.
Bring plenty of water and hiking polls if you have them.
I wouldn't recommend this walk if you are unfit or have small kids.

Did this in July, some great views, saw a black bear in the trail but he wasn’t interested in us.

This is quite a lovely hike - intermediate level. Not all the vistas are marked and at most the trees have grown up. However there's at least 2 - 3 really good lookouts. The trail is not too smoothed out. :)

If you're doing it in warm weather bring your swim wear as a dip in the lake at north beach is GREAT after most of the hike is done. There's still the length of the lake to walk back where you can go for a swim at South Beach too should you choose to do so.

this is not a moderate hike. this is rough, very steep advanced hike.

Nice views I'd make sure your ready for this trail. Do Buntzen Lake trail couple of times before you hit this trail.

one or two nice views...the rest are blocked by trees

Some alright views.

Great view at one lookout point. I thought the signs were too small and not clear enough!

14k hike, takes us 4 hours. First 3k almost straight up a mountain (switchbacks) but then it gets easier for a while with a steep decline when closing in on buntzen lake. Nice scenery at the vistas. Not a hike to do alone, quite remote in areas. Hiking shoes/boots a must. Lots of water and snacks. Be bear-aware (bear droppings common) but rarely see large wildlife when hiking these trails. Really enjoy this hike :)

Really enjoyed this hike! The first 2 km or so is pretty vertical and gets your heart going. From there it meanders up and down and opens up once in awhile for some crazy views. The third vista has the largest sitting area with the best view so you might want to aim to have lunch there. I'd recommend you bring lots of water as there aren't any creeks along the way.

If you plan to do the loop and come back down along the Buntzen Lake trail, you might want to bring a swim suit. There are some beautiful spots right off the trail, some much less pond scummy than others. My dogs have never been happier to see a lake, I was super jealous :)

I'd also suggest parking in the Overflow/Equestrian parking lot, as it's much closer to the trailhead than the main parking lot. You'll seen signs for it first as you drive into the park along Sunnyside.

Perfect to run

One of the best trails I have tried.

Amazing hike with great views. Start the trail at the floating bridge. I went the opposite way and some of the steep downhill terrain might be too much for some people. Bring lots of water and a snack, the hike takes 3-7 hours depending on your fitness level. I did it in 4:30 mins and I'm in fairly good shape. The views of the Indian arm and downtown Van are worth it.

Pretty good trail- ran it

Beautiful hike! My GPS says 15.95km though, not 12.7km.

A great hike for spring. it takes 5 to 6 hours and provides great views of Deep Cove and Vancouver. Some years you can do this hike in February.

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Viewpoints were not clearly marked, but one could hardly miss Cima Amanecer (Sunrise Hill), the best viewpoint on the trail, overlooking Indian Arm and Bedwell Bay. Need about 6-8 hours to complete the loop.

Sunday, May 07, 2017

Solid hike, beautiful views particularly at Vista #2. We took our time to relax, eat some lunch and do our traditional jump. Props to whoever marks the trails! Well done!