Diez Vistas Trail

Diez Vistas Trail is a 12.6 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

12.6 km
614 m

beach

Great hike with really cool viewpoints! The first three or four viewpoints are the best, but a couple of the viewpoints after that aren't really great because foliage covers them from the trail. The first part is intense uphill switchbacks for about three kms, then it is a nice slow downhill for the rest. Hike took a total of four hours, not very busy either for starting at 10:00 but it was a cloudier day and it was definitely getting really busy by the time we finished.

Awesome hike! The actual start point is once you have crossed the floating bridge (that is where you see the sign) It’s definitely more than a moderate hike in my opinion, very challenging In some areas and a has quite a rocky terrain, so wear good shoes. I would definitely do it again.

My favourite local day hike - a few of the vistas have disappeared due to tree growth (I strongly suspect) but the main viewpoint overlooking Indian Arm, out to SFU, Vancouver etc. is great. I like to hike up, eat some lunch at the main viewpoint, and head back the way I came rather than do it as a loop. Normally I like loops, but on this one its not a good enough second half to bother.

I was impressed by the number of viewpoints along the upper ridge. i was expecting only 2-3 good ones and it seems like a lot more. Watch out for a wasp nest on the trail during the north side decent, about 1.5km from the northern point of the trail. We went around it to the far right (descending), the prior hikers tried to "run" through but were swatting wasps around their heads. The tree area is well flagged with tape on trees on both sides.
It was easier than I had thought. We accidentally did a bit extra, so over 13km for us, and the downhill was a lot steeper and slower than I would have thought. Took us 5 hrs to hike, although we were passed by many. Oh, lots of people on this holiday monday (sunny) even though we started at 9am.

This is a really a great trail. I totally agree that this is a very hard hike for a moderate trail.

It was my first time on the trail on Saturday and I feel like this is listed as a moderate hike as it has very good trail markings and has a good number of people also hiking it, but it is definitely one of the hardest moderate trails I have been on. Gorgeous views though and it's always great to be in the forest

Did this for the first time and liked it. The second viewpoint is the best and biggest one so make it at least to that one before heading back down. We completed the entire loop and went down the steep descent on the north side. I’m not the most comfortable going down steep terrain so I found it a bit difficult but doable. There are tons of rocks, roots and trees to hang onto so use them. We got lucky and got here on a day it wasn’t too busy. We did however run into more people climbing up while we were descending. I wouldn’t recommend this to a beginner hiker but if you’re careful, you can totally do it.

Really engaging and interesting hike. Lots of great views of the Indian arm looking towards deep cove. Took About 4.5 hours

Did this trail this morning and I have to say that the views are gorgeous. It’s a pretty steep incline for a good 45 minutes up but it tapers off after that with steady switchbacks for the remainder. There aren’t 10 viewpoints as originally stated. I found the 4 with 2 of them being the most beautiful. Prepare yourself for the steep climb back down. I would suggest bringing a set of poles and wear proper shoes because some of the areas coming back are pretty sketchy. It’s an enjoyable hike and I would recommend it to those who enjoy seeing a viewpoint at the end of their hike.

Parked at 10 a.m. and was back at car at 2 p.m. sharp. The switchbacks at the beginning are the reason for the intermediate rating, after that’s its easy. Views were pretty but nothing spectacular imo. Was gonna come back later in the season to do Dilly Dally but now I won’t as I found this hike pretty boring.

I enjoyed this hike overall. It starts off with an uphill trajectory from the get-go, and the section a bit before the first viewpoint is as steep as it gets - there's a rope there to assist, although it's not needed.

There are more like 4 or 5 Vistas rather than 10. The first two are the best and provide some very beautiful views of the Indian Arm, Mount Seymour, and the North Shore.

The last 1.5 or so is a less enjoyable part of the hike, as it's a fairly steep descent in a less lush section of forest. Once you're back to Buntzen lake, you have the option of taking the gravel logging road if your knees have had enough.

Expect a 4-6 hour hike depending on how fast you go and how often you pause.

Did this hike for the first time on the May long weekend. Information by previous hikers is accurate. The trail is quite narrow in places and got busy through the day so people have to stop and allow quicker hikers to pass. Lots of loose rocks and roots which made coming down a bit challenging in places and very hard on the knees/ankles. We had no problems following the trail but you can easily miss a marker if you’re not watching for them. The viewpoints are spectacular and make the climb up worth the effort. I have a fear of heights and I was ok for most of the hike with a few exceptions both on the way up and down again, overall not too bad though and easily managed. After the last viewpoint the trek down is long and quite steep in places. Once we reached the end of the trail our knees and feet were sore and we both had proper hiking boots. The walk back to the south parking lot added another few km to the trip but we took the north parking lot trail and it was quite pretty, it was closed off last year so I was glad to see it open. Overall it was a challenging hike with beautiful views. Maybe not the best hike for someone with knee/ankles issues.

Well marked trail and in good shape. Very busy on a holiday Monday (to be expected) and a couple good views. We started early and did the trail counter clockwise hoping the sun would be out by the time we got to the lookouts. Took us 5.5 hrs with a stop for lunch.

perfect hike, start strong and then calm down to a chill walk. lots of loose pebble and stone, right footwear and careful foot placement are musts.

Love this trail. One of my all time favourites. After you make it past the steep section it’s rolling hills and beautiful views.

.... the trail can be rather rooty at times but for the most part , an enjoyable walk with a few ( not 10) spots with great views of Vancouver... with a beach at both ends and many options to modify the return journey it makes for a great lower elevation hike when the higher peaks are still covered in snow .

I did this hike for the first time a few weeks ago. Most of the views are overgrown (and we actually passed right by most of them without knowing) but there are a few that aren’t and those are really pretty! The best views happen early on in the hike, then the rest of the hike is mostly weaving through the forest - I personally loved this!

I’ll definitely be doing it again.

tail gets a bit confusing at points and the views at each piont get somewhat repetative, that's if you can find them all.

Good hike but of the 10 views I only really thought one was worth stopping for and the final loop around the lake is a little boring.

Good workout hiking. Very nice surroundings.
Dont go here cause I like it more quiet lol

Hiked from Sasimat lake as butzen didnt open that early. Hiked to second view and returned taking the buntzen side of the small loop. Trail is dry and still well marked. Five ish hours at a moderate pace. Nice morning hike alittle tough on the knees.

I don't recommend. Views are not more than OK and the path is full of rocks and roots. You will see nothing except trees for 99% of your hike. You can find way better hikes in the area.

Hiked trail today for the first time found it to be in good shape views were great.
The trail was well marked with steep vertical at the start,sure footing required
Note this route is harder than the lake trail,the post that sugested to do the lake trail a couple of times first is good advice

I’ve done this a lot in the summer. Does anyone know the current conditions of this trail?

A bit of everything on this trail. No water sources at all other than two rancid swamp ponds. Pack water.

Great view!

Really satisfying hike with a mix of challenging and easy sections. We found 3 viewpoints on the ridge the rest seemed to be overgrown.
Bring plenty of water and hiking polls if you have them.
I wouldn't recommend this walk if you are unfit or have small kids.

Did this in July, some great views, saw a black bear in the trail but he wasn’t interested in us.

This is quite a lovely hike - intermediate level. Not all the vistas are marked and at most the trees have grown up. However there's at least 2 - 3 really good lookouts. The trail is not too smoothed out. :)

If you're doing it in warm weather bring your swim wear as a dip in the lake at north beach is GREAT after most of the hike is done. There's still the length of the lake to walk back where you can go for a swim at South Beach too should you choose to do so.

this is not a moderate hike. this is rough, very steep advanced hike.