Dennett Lake

Dennett Lake is a 8.7 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

8.7 km
907 m

First off, Google maps says that the trail head is on the right, but it's on the left if you are coming from the main road. There is also no actual sign anymore signaling the entrance. The trail was alright but it's quite dirty. Lots of garbage left along the majority of the route.

Still snow pack at the top so the trail gets hard to follow. The frogs were a joy to see, they were everywhere. Watch where you step. Would definitely do this again, hardly any people.

This is a lightly trafficked trail, which is nice because there are many trails in the area that are packed with people. I didn't see another soul the whole time I was up there. When I did get to the top (Munro Lake), I was somewhat disappointed. The bank was muddy and the water brackish. It's still hiking in BC though, so amazing regardless.

Sweet trail do it again and again

Friday, September 30, 2016

Followed the directions on the site to get to the start of the trail but never found it. Very disappointing. Google Map said we were there but no trail on site. Would like to try again.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Monday, June 13, 2016

This hike is incredible! Defiantly a difficult hike for me, but the view spots and Munro lake were very rewarding!

This hike took my group about 4 hours round trip, that was with a couple breaks! Loved how the terrain changed so much, there is a lot of variety on this trail!

Will do this one again!

Monday, May 16, 2016

Monday, May 16, 2016

great hike! I will do this one again.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Great hike although very steep and switchbacky. We went in April and There was still about 5 feet of snow on the ground up at Munro lake and Dennett Lake. Before getting to Dennett lake there is a view point off to the left that is a big rocky bluff you can see from Munro Lake. The views are amazing. We were lucky there were other footprints to guide us as all the snow made it hard to find trail markers. Overall other than the descent being extremely rough on the knees it was a great hike.

Friday, January 29, 2016

Went up January 28th. We didn't expect over a foot of snow at the base of Munro Lake, couldn't go all the way through as we were not wearing the proper footwear for snow.

We went up the majority of the elevation until it leveled out right before Munro Lake.

Definitely a good hike, the stretch up to Munro Lake is all uphill with a lot of elevation gain and very little flat parts.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015