Deeks Lake Trail

Deeks Lake Trail is a 12.2 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Furry Creek, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

12.2 km
926 m

Very challenging back half of the ascent from the highway to Deeks Lake. Slight scrambling but mostly just very quick elevation gain. Hard coming back down too because of the steepness. I used a pole to help.

No snow on the trail all the way to the Lake. Could see across to a few snow patches and further down Howe Sound Crest Trail, higher up, there was more snow still. Bugs were not bad. Very nice lakeview at the top and this was a really nice challenge that I'm glad I did.

Went up on July 13th. I super enjoyed the hike, first 1/2 is fire/4x4 road which I found super pleasant. Trail Is more towards challenging being than the elevation gain seems reasonably concentrated (also 40lb pack on) There was still some steep snow on the trail on the other side of lake; I was going to try see how far I could get along HSCT backwards. It's quite steep and crampons would be ideal. I was solo and felt a bit too isolated to push over it in the case I messed up and ended up sliding into the water.

Deeks lake camping area is pretty over grown but still pleasant. No snow beside what was mentioned above