Crest Mountain

Crest Mountain is a 7.7 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Strathcona, British Columbia, Canada and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from August until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

7.7 km
1,126 m

BEAUTIFUL hike!! Steeper than I expected but the views and scenery were well worth it. Took us about 3.5hrs up, with lots of breaks.

Great views at the top!!!

A friend and myself started this Hike at about 3 o’clock, the sun went down at about 8 o’clock, we got down at about 9 o’clock. It was a very fun hike but it was harder than I expected when reading a couple of websites. This is a dog friendly hike and a hike I will definitely do again.

This was my first hike ever. Since it's a hard hike, it took me longer than half of my group but the trail is well kept. The views are amazing (better than that)!!! We camped overnight and there are fantastic camp spots. Lake at top was warm. The creek at the beginning was icy! Nice on the way down to refresh yourself. There were A LOT of bugs and insects right from the get go, be prepared.

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

The trail up is steep and pretty boring. But, once you hit the ridge, it's gorgeous and worth the climb! Lots of tent or hammock spots along the ridge.

Tuesday, August 02, 2016