Coquitlam Lake View Trail is a 9.8 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

Distance: 9.8 km Elevation Gain: 601 m Route Type: Out & Back

May 18, 2020 Trail description has you starting up a mountain bike trail. I wouldn't recommend this as it's a down trail for mountain bikers and they would have lots of speed in those tight corners! Instead take the gravel road (Harper Road Access) to the right of this trail just past the main gate. Follow this road until your first left onto another wide trail (Woodland Walk). At this point it's a pretty straight line until you reach a split at the hydro line where the steady climb begins. There are signs to mark the way. There were some stream crossings and muddy sections so I was happy I wore my mid hikers - good grip and waterproof. The 'new' viewpoint was a narrow and muddy uphill climb to the right of the trail. I missed the turnoff at first as my GPS had me going further along but when I turned back I noticed a small sign for the viewpoint. The actual viewpoint was a small rock top that could sit perhaps six people. It was small but the views were lovely. My trip up was 1.5hrs and trip down was 1hr10min.

I really enjoyed this trail - the forests were cool compared to the sun, so you didn’t overheat. The viewpoint at the end was incredible! We were actually alone there, and only saw maybe 3 other hikers on the whole trail. At the start of the trail it can be a little confusing, and it takes you up a bike path. It’s also possible to take the gravel road to the right, which loops round and takes you right to the hiking trail part. Made navigation a lot easier at the start! The end is pretty muddy and rocky, not one I’d recommend in wet weather. Great day hike, would totally recommend :)

It’s a good trail but it needs some maintenance, some areas are really muddy and you really have to watch your step as the trail is rocky. The view is amazing and makes the hike rewarding. Would do it again when we have less rain.

May 18, 2020. Went up to lower lookout, up South Slope trail from Harper Road. Lots of hikers, but not overcrowded, except for parking (lower Harper Road) Once on South Slope, it’s climbing all the way, past streams of boulders and up steep, often muddy riverbed and tree roots to lower lookout. Main viewpoint was only another 5-10 mins, but vertical climb. No hiking poles, no way. Next time. This trail is rated moderate; but for 63-yr old Camino alumna, I’d say moderate-difficult.

Absolutely beautiful view from the top. Steady incline the whole way and very steep and narrow path at the final push

Lake viewpoint space is tiny Get there early, as the 12:00 rush was pronounced The little extra effort to hit the falls on the way up is well worth it though

Good hike, trail is wet due to rain in the morning. View is worth it, but took 3 of us about 2hrs 15m to get to the view point. First half is gravel road before you cross the power lines then it’s narrow trail in the forest from there. Lots of wet spots and quite a few stream crossing which made it fun. Spotted a black bear at the crossing of the old trail and the new, highly recommend to bring some bear spray and waterproof boots. Lots of other trails to choose from which is amazing. Will definitely have to try out the other one’s next time.

Amazing Trail!! the views are un real at the top!

Ended up being 13 km. the last five min are very steep. A lot of wet rocks

Very good trail. went on a rainy day yesterday. it was raining and cloudy when we reached the viewpoint. Had poor visibility. But, we decided to stayback for a while and as it cleared we got a chance to see the beautiful view from the viewpoint.

Some sketchy river crossings but not dangerous. Some snow up top but easy to get around or walk on top of. Beautiful view up top. May 11 2020

recorded Coquitlam Lake View Trail

Great hike! 4 creek crossings, with one quite challenging crossing but was ok with hiking boots and trekking poles. A couple patches of snow near the lookout

icy

It was nice and worth. Strava: Elevation Gain 656 m. Maximum Elevation 931 m. Distance 11.87 km. Moving time 2 h and 44 min ( back and forward).

icy

EDIT: Did my original hike on April 19 but when I tried going on April 23rd, it was closed due to COVID-19. I really enjoyed the variety of terrain on this hike. It starts off with your typical woodland trail and minimal elevation gain, then gravel road, then some rocky terrain while having to cross some streams. The last few km’s to the east of Sawblade falls has snow/ice. Snowshoes aren’t required but maybe spikes could be useful (i didn’t use them). The last km has some narrow parts and is a bit slippery but wasn’t too bad. Great viewpoint facing west at the end!