Coast Trail

Coast Trail is a 22.4 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Capital, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

22.4 km
949 m

beach

Great trail, lots of great lookouts and beaches.

Trail is amazing and beautiful but definetly should not be rated as easy . The reviews we read led us to believe this was an easy hike along the coast when in fact it is very difficult . Narrow ledges at times with a great distance to fall , and a lot of ups and downs over difficult terrain . The trail took us 7.5 hours to complete and we hike all the time . I was concerned at comments stating this trail would be safe for young children and as a mother I greatly disagree with this . A loss of footing in many places could cause severe injury . The hike was one of the most beautiful I have ever done but the rating definetly should be changed from easy to at least moderate if not difficult . I don't know if you rated the trail based on the inner trails through the forest but we took the actual Coast Trail along the rock bluffs and it is not easy

Fantastic hike! Coastal and forest!

The best trail for day hikes. It's fairly easy to Beechers point and then you start hiking up and down the headlands. Absolutely not easy. Can be quite the climb. We have done the entire coastal hike in 4.5 hours at a hard pace. Absolutely love this hike .

This is one of my favourite trails and has been called one of Canada's best day hikes. I have never seen the Coast Trail called a loop nor has it ever been called easy for all skill levels. As an experienced hiker, I don't think that this description is accurate and quite frankly, dangerous.
The Coast trail is actually a 10k day hike. Most people choose to leave a car at one of the trail heads (Aylard Farm or Pike Road) and then use a second car to drive to the second trailhead for departure.
It is normally called a challenging or difficult hike; lots of ups and downs, some scrambling, trail is not always clearly marked, roots/rocks and steep sections.
Allow anywhere between 5-8 hours to complete. The Iron Mine Bay side is considered more challenging and less used. Aylard Park area is well used.
Even though the Coast Trail itself is not a loop, in East Sooke Park there are numerous transverse trails as well two longitudinal trails; the Coast and Interior Trail. Combining portions of these trails makes it easy to create some really great loops.
The trail is beautiful, gorgeous scenery and highly recommend

It was a great day
Just me and my daughter

Definitely my favorite for views & a workout.

Monday, August 01, 2016

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Thursday, July 07, 2016

The trailhead was impossible to find. It appears all access has been sold for private property? We would have loved to explore the trail, but couldn't find any access :( we gave up.

Monday, June 13, 2016