Cheam Peak

Cheam Peak is a 8.0 kilometer out and back trail located near Fraser Valley, British Columbia, Canada and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and off road driving and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

8 km
623 m

off road driving

it was a rough ride by truck to get to the start of the trail but the views at the top were unreal!

Steep going in some places but the city lights at the top are so beautiful! not to mention the stars! if you've done this one before I highly recommend staying over night at the summit just for the view.

Hard to get to but worth the bumpy drive. Short and sweet hike, not particularly easy . Awesome views from the beginning.

The drive up the hill was harder than the hike. We have a CRV and I questioned if we were going to make it up. Glad we did though. One of the more scenic hikes I've been on in awhile. View from the top was amazing, but quite a few people there.

The drive is four hours round trip from Langley and the hike took us three. Super busy, people up there with dogs and babies were crying on the summit. Stellar views but it is a one in every 15 year hike for me.

Went there it's beautiful

The drive may be longer than the hike itself, but the views are 10s from the second you leave the trailhead. The incline will cause slower groups to take breaks but even at a slow pace the return trip shouldn't exceed 5 hours- we did it in less than 3. Love having the Blazer with 4x4 to get to these special alpine hikes!

Make sure you charge your phone on the drive- you'll be taking pictures constantly.

Not overly challenging in any way - but overly beautiful in every way - vistas, wildflowers, mountain springs, it's a feast for the eyes :)

Beautiful hike. The road to the trailhead is a little rough, ok, really rough. 4x4 truck, jeep, atv required. Saw tons of stranded rav 4s and other suvs on the way down.

Beautiful hike but road up is very rough

The view cannot be beat. Love this hike!

Sunday, April 17, 2016

As long as you have a vehicle with good clearance. Hike good for the effort with great views of the Fraser valley.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Did it last year and it was awesome! Looking forward to doing it again this year!

Thursday, October 01, 2015

Great trail. Unfortunately our vehicle couldn't make the Chipmunk Svc Rd and we parked it about 500 m after turning off Foley Rd. We hiked up the route to the Cheam trailhead but didn't have time to finish the entire trail. The Chipmunk Svc Rd (from the gravel pit) is about 11 km (not 8km as advertised) and took us around 3 hrs at a good pace.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Amazing, would say bring lots of water. Wasn't particularly "easy"
Would also need a high clearance vehicle to get up to the parking lot.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

While the forestry service road is absolutely treacherous, the views that you get once you hike up is totally worth the hard work and effort. Definitely recommend 4x4 otherwise you will get stuck in the water ditches and pot holes as this road was decommissioned 4 years ago.

Monday, August 24, 2015

Saw goat, badger and bear. Amazing!

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

I hike this trail a couple of times each year. I will never grow tired of it. There is a spectacular panaramic view of the Fraser Valley at the top. I usually wait to mid-August just to be sure that the trail is clear of snow. I tried the trail early to mid July once. We got up on the ridge just above Spoon Lake and were turned back by heavy fog and 8 ft snow banks. I think that was an off year (and a bad day). Usually takes me 1.5 hours (including a 15 minute snack break) at a semi brisk pace to get up to the peak.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Hiked Mt Cheam this past Saturday! Beautiful hike! Of course it helped that we had great weather of +25 and clear skies! Definitely need a truck/jeep to get up to the trail head. Don’t even attempt to take your car on this road. But thanks to the road you get to start the hike at a good elevation and enjoy beautiful view for the whole hike! Every part of the hike is very enjoyable. Majority of the hike is spent out in the open rather than covered by trees. If it is hot, make sure you have enough water; I went through my 2 litres. All ages are able to do this hike, so long as they are up for a bit of a challenge. The incline is not extreme, lots of easy parts. Took us about 2 hours up and 1 hour down; going at a pretty comfortable pace, slower than my usual. Spectacular view at the top! And Lady Peak looks very magnificent – I think I will have to try her next year. J God’s creation is on display for those up for a bumpy drive!

Monday, July 30, 2012

Breath taking 360 degree views of the Upper Fraser Valley! The old logging road to the trail head parking lot has become very rough! A vehicle with good clearance is needed! It you live in the UFV you need to complete this at least once.... You stare at this Mt daily, it's a nice accomplishment to say you have conquered it! Only good from late July to Early Oct

2 hours up in a 4x4 and one flat tire (plus the return drive) and it's worth it. We spent almost five hours on the mountain with our large group that included kids (4 hours hiking). The stunning views start before the trail head and just don't stop. 2 hours to the 360 degree summit going slow, then back to finish off the hike with a swim in a gloriously refreshing watering hole = perfect day!