Your session expired, please sign in again to continue.

Cheam Peak is a 7.7 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Fraser Valley B, British Columbia, Canada that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.7 km Elevation Gain: 637 m Route Type: Out & Back

ohv / off road driving

A 4WD vehicle with good clearance is recommended to get to the trailhead. The trail is well maintained and there are no difficulties. Views are amazing.

Did this in September 2019, it rained, was sunny, windy with blizzard and white out conditions. I loved it! Mt. Waddingtons Outdoors did a great job getting us there and guiding.And the swim in Button lake was absolutely freezing, Sam W. is a machine it was a hot tub for him

The road in was a little messy but I made it to what I thought was the trail head but was the peak, was a little disappointed that there wasn’t more to hike. However the view was awesome. A few others having a camp fire at the top

Can't attest to the physical hike however the drive was enough to get my adrenaline fix for the day. Wouldnt recommend for anyone with anything smaller than a large SUV or raised truck and even at that it best not be new. Parked 5k from trailhead due too snow and turned back after 2 as the climb was steep and still snow. Talked to a local who takes pictures and snow shoes in the area and said there was a mama bear and two cubs so be aware he also said the snow should be gone in a couple of weeks ! Would attempt this drive in a bigger truck and hopefully less whiteknuckle driving !

I couldn’t make it up to the parking. Had to stop 9.5km before. The road is terrible and I definitely don’t recommend coming in passenger car. Not even sure about SUVs and trucks. While I was driving up, I didn’t see cars coming up or down, at all. However, I noticed many people going up with mountain bikes and quads. So I guess you either have to hike 10K and then 7 to reach a mountain or...

Done this hike many times, always good! Very limited time to hit it tho when there is no snow at the top

icy

Me and my friends tried on April 19th. The off-roading is covered with thick ice. We had to park our jeep 5-7 km back from the parking lot. Then we walked till the parking lot. It took around 4-5 hours. The ice on the off-road is super thick and slippery. We will try again in few months.

Attempted to go up the road on April 19th and got about half of way before my car got stack in snow/ice. Yes, you definitely need a high ground clearance vehicle to access the trail. I’ll definitely try again in summer.

Very rewarding views at top. We hiked it on very hot day and it was the biggest challenge as there is little to no shade. Bring lots of water and start as early as possible to avoid heat of hiking during summer. There was still lots of snow in some places, was nice to cool down and immerse ourselves.

Need a 4X4 to access this trail. No joke. Absolutely stunning. Did this hike in August. Purple flowers everywhere. Honestly it’s imagery is similar to something you’d see in The Sound Of Music. It’s a must if u can get there.

icy

As said by others 4WD definitely necessary. Had a grand cherokee and didn't dare to get to the Trailhead as it was icy. Did the trail in the morning so icy and snowy hike. Managed to do it without snowshoes /spikes but I'd definitely recommend them! Beautiful views over Fraser Valley up there

Warmer in the lower alpine with hiking poles and/or boot chains or studs needed with the recent snow up higher. Many people unprepared for the cold slippery conditions. Tricky descent with icy conditions. Road is improved though still requires a 4x4.

The off road was brutal. Off road to Watersprite was nothing compared to this. My tow hitch on Dodge Ram scrape the ground many times since you need to cross a deep and narrow creek. You need a short wheel base high ground clearance SUV or truck. The trail itself was magnificent. Jaw dropping vistas. September 28. Most of the trail was covered in snow. Slippery, windy, foggy and cold. Will be back in summer time.

Pretty tough road, 4 wheel only preferably with short wheel base and high clearance. The summit and the hike wonderfully rewarding, beautiful vistas surround. We were the only hikers on the trail, 2 hrs up (my brother of 68yrs and I 66), and 1.5 hrs back to the parking lot.

Great views almost the entire hike up. Fairly exposed so bring sun and wind protection. At an easy pace it took us about 2 hours up and 1.5 down. As everyone else mentioned, the road up isn't car friendly. Made it up in a stock Cherokee Trailhawk without any scraping but I was taking it very easy. It seemed like the freshly worked ditches near the parking lot were the worst LOL.

It takes about 1.5 hours from chilliwack to the trailhead. definitely need a 4x4, higher the better, unless youre not worried about some damage to the vehicle. My stock GMC sierra did it fine. My wife and I took our 4 year old and 1 year old boys. The 4 year old did about 75-80% of the hike on his own. The 1 year old was in a carrier. we took lots of breaks for the kids, we are both in average shape. it took us 5 hours to do the hike, 3+ up and less than 2 down. The view was amazing, on every part of the hike, and it kept getting better! definitely will do again!!!

The only challenge is the old logging road. Our Dodge RAM 1500 with extra clearance takes the road easily, however, the newly created ditched in the last 1/4 of the road let the trailer hitch regularly hit the ground. I am seriously unsure why these ditches are designed that way. Once you get to the trail head, it's no longer difficult. Trail is well maintained and there are no difficulties. Views are amazing. You will find a larger number of wildflowers than anywhere else. Saw two (2) black bears, feasting on blueberries on the way back. Considering how difficult is is to get to the trail head, we were actually surprised that we counted over 150 hikers on the trail.

Excellent hike, awesome view. Just under 2 hours from trailhead to summit, all up but not overly challenging. The hour on the 'rough' road was challenging though. Do not attempt unless your vehicle has good ground clearance. Crews were 'fixing' the road drainage near the top, but for a long wheelbase vehicle bottoming out in the gullys created became a reality. Certainly would do it again, maybe do Lady Peak instead?

Beautiful from the top. Talking to some people around, the road to the trailhead gets worse every year, 4x4 likely needed. Steep in spots, not much on the technical side.

recorded Cheam Peak

Such a beautiful hike, but a terrible road to get there. Drove pass some people who decided to hike the 11 km and got onto the trail not too long after we had parked and headed onto the trail. They were fast walkers.

What a fun drive up to the hike base! Definitely 4X4 recommended as I have a Honda Ridgeline with about 7.5” clear and I bottomed a couple times. Mostly bc I drove through some big dips quicker than I should have, but cars will have trouble. The hike was beautiful! At a decent hiking pace was able to make it up in an hour and a half, and about an hour with a quick pace down. Such a unique view with the open valley, I looks like something out of LoTR or GoT! At the top you have Pride Rock from Lion King. Decent amount of loose rocks and quite a decent elevation gain, so recommended to wear hiking boots as well. Also, please be careful at the top as they’re are a few steep cliffs with drops . As for views up top, we got really lucky as we had quite a bit of cloud and it cleared just enough so we were above them. Made for some really cool photos but want to head up on a clear day. Not a lot of shade so being sun screen. Definitely recommended!