Cathedral Grove MacMillan Provincial Park Trail is a 0.8 kilometer loop trail located near Ahahswinis 1, British Columbia, Canada and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round.

0.8 km
23 m

Two trails leading through a forest of large Cedar and Fir trees.

Amazing trees, easy walk. Wear waterproof shoes- lots of puddles and mud :)

Short, easy trail. Everytime someone comes to visit me in Port I take them here. The trees are ridiculously huge! Very well maintained and taken path.

Rain forest in Canada

Massive 600-800 year old trees. Maybe 400 people in the tiny park, though. Always someone in front and in back of you. (Seemed like the smoke kept folks inside for the past few days and clear sky brought them out. )

I did notice a great diversity of people-- from kids, to handicapped to international folks.

Nice walking loop through the old growth forest. Beautiful views of nature. Go take a stroll!

As described. Amazing tall trees but many were felled by the storm in 1997.

Great for pictures and education on the history of the trees and area! Beautiful area for a casual walk.

The spot I bring every single person that visits BC to. Hands down most beautiful spot on the Island (so far that I've seen) Not much of a "hike" though, just a nice stroll.

Absolutely beautiful short hike. We lucked out with awesome weather the day we hiked. Short sweet and great for kids

I only give it a 2because it's so short but it's one of the most gorgeous walks

Le plus beau trail pour voir des cèdres geants

Walked both sides and found the old growth nice to stroll through. Great walk with young people.

I was there yesterday and the trails were quite icy with all of the snow we've received. However, I think I'd say it was a little less hazardous than the other side of the highway. Other than that, it was a beautiful day in a beautiful park. I strolled both sides and it took me about an hour.

Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Nice forest but boring hike if you want variety

Friday, August 25, 2017

Saturday, April 29, 2017

beautiful scenery. very busy with tourists in the summer.

Friday, April 14, 2017

Light walk amongst old growth gigantic trees.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

A light walk in the park. A must stop if you are that way. Id even go as far as a great place to visit with family from off the island.
Dont skip it.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Nice easy nature trail featuring old growth trees, stream and lake view. The location next to the highway attracts large crowds of people.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Not really a hike but rather a place to observe an ancient old growth forest. Great for folks with mobility challenges and young kids.

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Nice easy trail for anyone . I didn't like the fact that some of the trail outlined with plastic composite edging. Just doesn't seem right in a natural forest setting.

Thursday, November 05, 2015

Great area with beautiful old growth.

Friday, July 24, 2015

Amazing old growth forest. Easy walk through the woods. Only drawback was that there were a lot of people there when we visited in July. But that only speaks to what an amazing place this is.

Thursday, July 03, 2014

When I first arrived on Vancouver Island we stopped at Cathedral Groove and walked the trail back in 1982. It was an exciting time to see these giant red cedar trees that used to be abundant on the Island. It a great trail and nicely laid out for level walking for all ages. My 74 year old mother-in-law had no problems walking this trail at all. But take your camera because people won't believe you how big these tress are or how old they are as well. The trail is very well maintained and there are modern washrooms available all year round, although the parking gets rather sparse during the summer months.

Thursday, July 03, 2014

a nice short hike through old growth foresr with interpretive signs teaching about the nature. a grwat rest stop and place for family and place to stretch legs