Burke Mountain Triple Crown and Harper Road Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(16)
Pinecone Burke Provincial Park

Burke Mountain Triple Crown and Harper Road Loop is a 6.6 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

Distance: 6.6 km Elevation Gain: 405 m Route Type: Loop

Not sure if I selected the correct trail but the snow at the top is melted now so I shaved some time off this hike.

I have reviewed this trail before, good hiking but views are all power lines which is fine next time I will go further.

I tried this for the second time and you can look at the recordings and the path I took. Much better experience and variations between the gravel road and trail paths. Only the lower trails are busy as soon as you elevate a bit there are not many people, on a Sunday afternoon. I accidentally went off trail and had to climb up a hill which was fun. Took my dog off leash the entire

It seemed like a lot more than 400 meters in elevation but you should investigate that. I only made it 1/3 of the way because my bf has surgery recently and it was a bit much for him. I will try the whole thing again with a friend. It’s like a chopped up gravel hill to walk on but the surroundings are beautiful. Lots of creeks and trails that offshoot so if your bf wants to duck out early you can take a path downhill.

definitely much of this is more heavily traffiked by mountain bikes. be aware of them oncoming down hill

Thoroughly enjoyable hike though there wasn’t much of a view because of the snow. Quite beautiful with the snow falling and on the ground. Bring layers and proper gear!

Sun Apr 07 2019

Many variations and offshoots of this route and basically no signage, which doesn't really exist on Burke, so please be very mindful of your route! This is a shared Biking/Hiking route-- keep watch. Pleasant second growth forest and a few peek a boo views from the upper portions. An enjoyable short hike with a little bit of elevation. No snow at all as of 04/07/2019. For more info and routes check out "Burke and Widgeon- A Hiker's Guide" by Litzenberger.

Sat Mar 17 2018