Buntzen Lake Trail

Buntzen Lake Trail is a 10.0 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Anmore, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

10 km
275 m

beach

Great hike with hard and easy spots, wonderful workout, beautiful scenery. I wish everyone followed the dog on leash law on this trail, as some of the narrow lanes can be difficult to tread when dogs come running at you.

This is my favourite hike

Lovely trail, we thoroughly enjoyed it!

Beautiful and easy

A really good hike! Not too hard, not too easy, just perfectly in the middle. At times it can get steep but has straight and downhills as well. Did it with my parents and finished around 3.5 hours later.

Excellent hike for kids. It is fun and not too difficult. I hiked with my son and daughter (5 and 10). We took a counterclockwise route and the experience was amazing.

First time I hiked this trail. It was a bit challenging but I did complete the whole route. It was awesome and I highly recommend this for a good day out for a hike... take lots of water and energy food....

We hiked the trail clockwise. The first section of the west side is a gravel road, but that ends at a BC Hydro building. After that, the trail is 3 feet wide, dirt and quite smooth. You could easily trail run the east side of the lake.
We parked around 8am on a drizzly Saturday morning. By the time we returned, the parking lots were full. Get there early.

Beautiful trail and easy to hike

Parking is tightly controlled and the gate into the park will be closed and guarded once lots are full. On a weekend/long weekend it’s full and closed around 10am. It’s possible the gate opens again mid afternoon. The lake trail is wide, well marked and maintained.

This hike is one of my go-to trails when I want a quick outdoor excursion that has some challenge. I like going on weekdays as it gets crowded on weekends and holidays. The beaches on each end have gorgeous views.

This is a great trail for getting outside, even on a rainy day. Well maintained, and well categorised as moderate

This is always my go to hike if I’m short on time and just want to get outside and breathe in some fresh air! It’s an easy trail with some moderate hills. It can get quite busy though, especially in the summer months but if you don’t mind that, then it’s a great hike to do.

I did this hike to snowfall in April. It was pretty good hike with moderately trafficked around the lake, but no one to the snow fall and other hike. The hike had some tough patches but it was very natural, forest arounf with super quite area. Reaching to the fall point was fun! would recommend this hike with proper gears as it is easy to get lost.
I would love to do this hike all the way to the last and other recommended areas.

eh. it’s a pretty lake. a bit too populated for me but i’m a snob. nice walk for conversation and such.

Easy loop hike with some elevation along the west side of the lake, making it super fun to mix up trail running and walking. I love bringing a lunch and eating on the floating dock that overlooks the lake, near the car park (if it’s not full of fishermen). There are some great swimming spots along the east side, so I recommend wearing a bathing suit, going for a dip, and walking off the wet in the summer months!

Enjoyed it today with my 10 year old son. The west side of the loop is definitely a little more difficult with more up and down the crests of the hillside. Lots of waterfalls, a suspension bridge and nice views of the lake. It’s challenging but do-able, but for those that aren’t in the best shape, you might want to stick to the east side of trail.

Great hiking!

Great

the trail pretty good and nice hike

A nice hike. Quite busy, even in the winter. Lots of hills, and a good variety of terrain.

Have done past two weekends (wet) and over 20 times. Always a great trail, moderately strenuous, but never too difficult. Absolutely love this place!

Very nice trail .

great day hike, get there early on a nice weekend as park fills quickly. easy trail, good length and nice spot to eat lunch half way and take a swim.

Great hike! Lots of views, good hills.

Great hike! Beautiful!

Buntzen lake is one of my favourite local hang outs. There’s a dog beach that we usually start our day at to let our pup lose some energy, then we start our hike from there. Some spots are a little tougher to hike as it can be a little steep, but it’s mostly flat or slow elevation gain. There are little private beaches and open spaces to take a break and enjoy the scenery. There’s a beach at the far end of the lake with a dock to dip your feet into the water. You can keep heading north to the dam or continue over the suspension bridge and down the other side of the lake to loop around. Near the end of the trail it widens out a bit and there is a floating bridge, and then it winds through the forest a little more before coming to the parking lot. Very nice, not too long, and friendly people!

Perfect 10k with some up and downs.

Perfect 10k hike where you can also run in many places. Changes in elevation and lots of different paths to explore when ready. Beautiful scenery. Rugged, hiking shoes recommended. Dog-friendly. Be Bear-aware.