Did this hike the same day as Panorama Ridge from Garibaldi Lake Campground with a full pack! Ended up being hiking buddies with a couple and we decided to do it while on our way back from Panorama Ridge and just turned at the junction for Black Tusk (3km as listed on junction post). Took us 1.5 hours to the top. All uphill and intense workout. Trail was hard to find as few people had done it so there weren't many footprints to follow but I thankfully I had an offline map to guide us. Snow covered of course. As you go higher in elevation, snowshoes could be helpful but I did it in boots/wool socks and the couple had hiking boots and it was certainly manageable. Lovely views of the valley, Garibaldi Lake from afar, and Panorama Ridge. Didn't go up the chimney, but went up another steep area that had great views. A hiking pole is definitely useful just for stability/security when going up some of the steep parts (the couple let me one!). We hiked back to Rubble Creek Lot in just under 4 hours and we slid down some parts of the mountain for fun!