Black Mountain and Cabin Lake

Black Mountain and Cabin Lake is a 5.8 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

5.8 km
308 m

skiing

Love this , can't wait to snow shoe up it, there's whiskey jacks at the top at the lake and they will fallow you up the mountain to...there was many views, don't usually come to cypress but I will Be now.

Beautiful hike, first 45 min is a steep climb, little rocky but once on top beautiful small lakes and views of the ocean and mountains!

Took about 90 minutes to get to Cabin Lake with a 3.5 and 6 year old... we spent 2 hours to picnic and swim then about 45 min to get down with my husband carrying our little guy half way. Was a steep challenging climb for me and a few spots were pretty slippery with loose gravel coming down. busy trail on a hot long weekend but well worth it!

It was a pleasant hike but probably closer to easy/moderate rather than moderate. nice for afternoon out if no time for something more strenuous.

Fantastic hike!! Took us about 2.5 hours round trip with my husband and 2 teenage boys. It was the perfect amount of sweat and relaxation. At the top the whiskey jacks ate right out of our hands!

Monday, October 31, 2016

So much to see. Tons of waterfalls on the drive up. Cute little streams and ponds and Cabin Lake is beautiful. Amazing everything. At the top of the mountain, whiskey jacks just nonchalantly landed on my outspread arms!!