Bill's Trail Kusam Klimb

Bill's Trail Kusam Klimb is a 12.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Strathcona A, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

old growth

A wild and rugged loop heading up and over Mt. H'Kusam and down the Stowe Creek watershed. This trail does not go over the summit. Bill's Trail goes up to the saddle before the descent, about the first 7-8km of the roundtrip.

We did this hike in honour David Chauvin, who's wishes were for me to hike to the top of Mt Kusam to meet Oscar the ACSL Cloud. I was a weather girl in the Canadian Forces and my father-in-law told me I needed to met Oscar, the cloud that circles Klusam telling the local fishman the weather for the day. This hike is 23 km of "are you tough enough!?! In June, Sayward hosts the Klusam Klimb a race up and over this Mount. We hiked it with this event and quickly realize this is not a hike!!!! This is a climb!! The wild and rugged big upward climb is steep and in section you use ropes to scramble up. Couldn't help feeling like a kid climbing trees again!! Love the wide range of trails amazing landscapes this trail offers I enjoyed the spectacular scenery on Vancouver Island with views of mountain peaks and the Johnstone strait.

Rugged, challenging, difficult hike with spectacular views well worth the steep ascent on Bill's Trail.