Berg Lake Trail

Berg Lake Trail is a 18.8 kilometer lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Fraser-Fort George, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

18.8 km
1052 m
Point to Point

ice climbing

rock climbing

cave

bridge out

23km trail 1 way, takes roughly 7 hours to berg lake. Along the way you will past through Kinney lake, white horn and the valley of a thousand falls, emperor falls. On the trail you will see 16 glaciers. One of the top trails in Canada.

I loved the variety of terrain. We did the hike on October 6, 2017. We lucked out with clear sunny skies and unusually warm temperatures. (18C) Too much to go in and out in one day in the fall. (The days are too short) I would defiantly do it again.

We helihiked this trail for our honeymoon. Robson's Helimagic took us to the top and we hiked down the same day. It was rainy and exhausting, but it was absolutely stunning and worth it, even for two unseasoned, untrained hikers like ourselves! I would absolutely do this again.

Did this trail over 4 days and 3 nights with my wife and two older children mid September. We happened to have gorgeous clear skies which made hiking much more enjoyable, but the clear nights meant that Everyone wanted to stay in their sleeping bags! Evening meals required everyone being fully dressed with their toques on as we didn't do this the first night and it took too long to rewarm. We survived as a family, but I lost 1.4kg as we had to pack in (and out) all food, including stove and pots and water filtration system (although I don't know how the water would be a problem as it comes from Berg Lake and the surrounding glaciers). This was the first time my 15 year old daughter and I were able to taste an actual iceberg. The views were spectacular and we will go back again!All campsites require reservations, and I don't know why some people didn't show up as it was fully booked and the weather could not have been better, such clear views of the top of Mt. Robson are very infrequent!

A month ago my wife an I hiked Berg lake trail in one day. We started around 8.30AM and got back to the parking lot past 10PM. We loved the hike up but hated most of the way down because for the last 10-15 KM we were so dead. The 42-44 km hike that we did was amazing and by far the best hike we ever did. There is an incredibly diversity of landscapes and terrains in one single hike, it felt like we were doing multiple hikes in one. Couldn't recommend this enough.
Enjoy the Berg lake trail hike in about 2 minutes.

T FTFF X for the first ffrrrydd

Our first hike in Canada and wow, think we started with the best!!! Stunning scenery everywhere you look; from huge tumbling waterfalls to the sheer scale of the Berg Glacier crashing into Berg Lake. We camped at Berg Lake then hiked back the following day via Robson Pass, so 21km day 1, then 29km day 2. Can't recommend highly enough.

Amazing biological and geological diversity, stunning lakes, and several incredible waterfalls. I've hiked in Switzerland and New Zealand, but this one beats any other hike I've done.

Amazing.

This trail was amazing ! Did it from may 27-30 and we had warm hot weather and clear skies. 10/10 would do it again. We were lucky and we're 1 day before registration so also did not have to pay for overnight camping. We stayed at whitehorn , berg lake , and Kinney lake on the way back

This whole hike is incredible. It is ever changing and beautiful at every turn. If there is ever a hard section it comes with a huge reward. Likely to meet fantastic people along the way too. This is a hike everyone should experience once in thier lives. Don't let the difficulty rating deter you, people of all ages on this trail.

Amazing scenery!

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Great backpacking trail. Did a girls trip the first weekend of October! Can't wait to go back again.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Lots of great amenities for the first time multi-day hiker. A rugged but well maintained trail that makes this a good choice for anyone just starting to get serious about spending a few nights in the outdoors. The scenery is non-stop breathtaking.

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Berg Lake camp is the place to stay. Awesome and challenging trail. Never ending beautiful scenery.

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Beautiful backpacking trail with lakes, valleys, streams and water falls and glaciers.

Monday, May 23, 2016

It was beautiful and clear on the 2 day hike to Burg Lake. Rainy, on the way back on the third day, but lovely again as we walked out on day 4.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Amazing! The switch backs are a challenge but the whole thing is so worth it! If you do it in one day it will take you around 12 hours or so!

Monday, March 28, 2016

Amazing! One of my favourite places of all time. Such beautiful glaciers, waterfalls, snow capped peaks, crystal clear lakes etc.

Monday, November 02, 2015

glorious

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

I have done this twice. Go all the way up to Snowbird Pass. Just love it.