Berg Lake Trail is a 18.5 kilometer lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Fraser-Fort George, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

18.5 km
1,083 m
Point to Point

rock climbing

cave

bridge out

23km trail 1 way, takes roughly 7 hours to berg lake. Along the way you will past through Kinney lake, white horn and the valley of a thousand falls, emperor falls. On the trail you will see 16 glaciers. One of the top trails in Canada.

Hiked in via Kinney Lake Trail and came back on Berg Lake Trail. Went as far as Whitehorn Campground (at 11km) and back in 4:45:00 including several stops (watch said 4 hours if nonstop but I walk fast). Trail is easy to Kinney Lake Campground (at 6.5km) but becomes moderate as you move up the mountain at 9km. There are outhouses at both campgrounds. Even on a cloudy day, the scenary is incredible. Easy to see why it's rated so highly.

Beautiful and challenging. We went to berg lake in one day and stayed two nights. The scenery is spectacular on a clear day.

We went. To white horn very beautiful. Next. We are going to try. Out luck at berg lake

Amazing hike! Did it mid September, we didn’t have backcountry gear with us so we did the full hike out and back in a day, about 45km. Beautiful all the way! Took about 10 hours with plenty of breaks for our group of 4. The stretch of switchbacks by Emperor Falls is a couple of km’s of some steep hiking but otherwise the 12km before it and the last few km to the lake is pretty easy. Hope to go again and camp next time!
Well marked trail, bathrooms along the way, multiple waterfalls along the way, beautiful views, Kinney Lake is beautiful along the way!

AMAZING!!!!!! One of the best hikes in Canada I’ve done!! We camped overnight on September long weekend and the weather was moody but so beautiful! We could hear the glacier calving off into the water at night which was pretty incredible

An absolute must on the hiker's to do list. Highly recommend to spend extra nights at Berg lake campsite to explore extension hikes, especially the stunning snowbird pass trail alongside the Robson glacier and Alpine Meadows.

Beautiful, weather can (and did) change quickly though

Most beautiful hike we’ve done. Robson Helimagic dropped us off at Berg Lake cause I wanted to hike with my pup (no dogs allowed over night and didn’t want to squeeze the hike into one day). Gorgeous, varying views all along, just absolutely spectacular. A must do.

This the must do trail! Its absolutely amazing. This is was my second time. I always go straight to berg lake campground. It can be difficult and demanding. as of 2018 Aug 24-26, I do not recommend to go because of the smoke from wildfires covered everything.

Great trail, easy to follow and well maintained. The first 11km to whitehorn shouldn't be underestimated as it has lots of little hills. The hike to emperor falls is challenging with a pack but not bad at all with some nice viewpoints for breaks.
The campsite at emperor falls along the water is beautiful (and loud). After that it's very straight forward.

Just finished hiking 13-17, no mosquitos but lots of black flies (specially at emperor falls). Smoke is pretty bad and obstructed alot of the scenery but at least it didn't rain

Great scenery, well maintained trail. The climb from Whitehorn campsite to Emperor Falls can be tiring with a heavy pack. For light pack carriers or day trippers it is considerably easier.
My 12 year old managed easily with a 27 lb pack.
The falls are worth the effort though they are magnificent!
After that all the trails to Marmot, Berg, Rearguard, or Robson are pretty flat so it is an easy hike from there on.
Great hike, beautiful country!

Holy smokes this hike is incredible! This was our first backcountry camping trip. I wouldn’t consider this a difficult hike however there is one section of 4km uphill which is tough when you’ve got a heavy bag on your back. Even though it was a little smokey Kinney Lake was breath taking, emperor falls was insane and Berg lake was unbelievable. We couldn’t hike Mumm Basin or toboggan falls due to a rock slide so went out to Snowbird Pass which actually left us speechless. A long old hike but the Icefield was like being on another planet. I’m so keen to go back next summer before wildfires hit.

Some people were hiking out to berg lake and back just a one day. With an early start and reasonably fast pace I feel that it is do able.

Absolutely loved this hike. Beautiful views. Great campsites. There are about 5km on your way up that are challenging to say the least but all worth it once you see the glacier and the lake!

Amazing!!! I booked myself in for 6nights. Don’t need that many I left after 4 nights . Pack what you need !! I packed way to much but used it all. Traps and hoodies. I went July 27-August 1 beautiful weather. The black flys bite hard worse than the mosquitos. Trail all the way to robin pass. Amazing. Did snow bird pass amazing again !!
Fill up after white horn on your way to emperor falls there’s no water for 4km. Pack up early leave early to get a camping spot especially at emperor falls there’s only 7 pads. The trail isn’t overall hard. Hardest part was hiking up to emperor falls. Only cause my pack was too heavy. After emperor falls it’s smooth sailing. The views are to die for. Loved every turn and moment.

Top 3 trail in Rockies

Love all of the bridges! Decided to tackle on backpacking back to the trailhead from Robson Pass - was great until the last 3km then my feet were killer! But I loved it!

Amazing but long and hard

This was a fantastic hike. There are 4-5 km of very challenging uphill backpacking and the rest is manageable. The 23 km if you get to Berg in one day is a challenge- make sure you take care of your feet and wear good hiking boots that fit. Most of the trails were closed up at Berg Lake due to a rock slide but we were able to do the Snowbird pass. It was simply incredible. If you make it to Berg Lake, Snowbird Pass is a must do (though it’s very challenging in its own right). Campgrounds are in good shape and the trail is well marked. Must do on any backpackers list. Bravo!

It only gets better once you're up at Berg Lake. The exploration opportunities are out of this world.

Awesome trailrun with beautiful views. Technically easy.

Just hiked this last week with three kids (ages 7, 10 and 13). It was beautiful!! It took us around 8 hours from the start of the trail to the Berg Lake campground.

Breathtakingly beautiful!

We kinda cheated; we were tight on schedule and there was no way for us to complete this hike in a single day, and coming from the east coast, we really wanted to do this hike. We ended up finding a helicopter to drop us off at Berg Lake Campgrounds.

Every turn was amazing and had some sort of feature to awe and gawk at. It was definitely a long hike, even if we were going one way. The elevation gain is very deceiving as there's a ton of losses along the trail and this tired us out very quickly.

I recommend doing this on a 3-4 day backpacking trip! Even more if you could! There's just so much to see and do in all parts of the park.

Hiked this from May 31st to June 3rd, what an incredible experience that was! The trail and surrounding area was almost completely snow free though the temperature was quite cool every day, we even had some snow on the trip. Easily one of the most stunning places I've been to.

I love this hike! Doing it again this summer with my girls!

Done this trip twice. Make sure you take 5-7 days to do the trail with a rest day. Plan 3-4 nights at berg lake campground so you can hit up the trails up there as well for day hikes especially snowbird pass!! Hard hike but amazing scenery and so worth it!! Oh and don’t forget to take a dip in berg lake itself. It’s quite refreshing!

done twice, stunning each time, but you want at least 5 night trip to explore at berg lake, with a rest day if you want. well worth it

Completed this with my father, step mom and sister. From start to lake campsite in one day! Was a nice long walk with a challenging middle due to the incline. Spent 1 full day at the lake to explore. A bit busy at the top but still found space in the shelter to eat and a great campsite to rest.

Saturday, October 07, 2017

I loved the variety of terrain. We did the hike on October 6, 2017. We lucked out with clear sunny skies and unusually warm temperatures. (18C) Too much to go in and out in one day in the fall. (The days are too short) I would defiantly do it again.

Friday, September 29, 2017

We helihiked this trail for our honeymoon. Robson's Helimagic took us to the top and we hiked down the same day. It was rainy and exhausting, but it was absolutely stunning and worth it, even for two unseasoned, untrained hikers like ourselves! I would absolutely do this again.