Jug Island Beach Trail

Jug Island Beach Trail is a 4.7 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Belcarra, British Columbia, Canada that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and fishing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

4.7 km
218 m

beach

Trailhead is at the intersection of Midden Road and Bedwell Bay Road. Right off the parking lot of the Belcarra Picnic Area

Like a little bit more challenging trails for myself but perfect to take kids aged 8-11. Saw a bear at picnic area but rangers were there for reassurance. Bears went the direction of the Admiralty point trail. Saw a bald eagle and a seal

It is a nice trail, but I feel it is overrated.
It gets really busy on weekends and you don't see much until you get to the beach, which is nice, but that's it. Seems nice for kids.

We selected this hike as it was a fairly easy trail to carry a picnic on. The trail itself was great - not difficult but still felt like a “hike” as opposed to a walk through the park. The trail is heavily trafficked compared to other hikes we’ve done which was a downside but less of an issue. The main disappointment was at the end: the view from the beach was great but unless you have a blanket, there isn’t really anywhere to sit. Glad we did it but likely wouldn’t do this trail again.

Nice and relaxing hike. Signage was very clear and the trails were really nicely maintained. Overall the hike was easy but as mentioned from others, some steep steps would make this a bit tough for the elderly

Best of all, at the end of the trail, you have great open view of the waters that is just opposite of the Sunshine Coast

The payoff to this hike is beautiful, the beach is lovely, and the trail itself not that crowded; however, start early, because the day area at the trail head loads up there's zero parking.

Maybe not an "easy walk"... some easy walk elements, but a decent amount of switchbacks, and natural/man-made stairs. recommend hiking boots for sure.

Classed as easy, but steep sections with stairs makes this a medium.

Very well maintained. Brought my 2 dogs and it was great. Easy hike. A few steep spots.

nice walk! as some have mentioned there are some moderate moments with hills etc, but generally is a great walk - really enjoyed it. is mostly through the forest and then you come out to a clearing. the view at the end is nice, as is the little beach area to sit and enjoy the view or have a picnic. is fairly busy with a few dogs but it didn't feel crowded. would do again!

A nice mix of everything; a couple little hills, quite a bit of flat, a few people not prepared to hike, kind reminds me of Quarry Rock (which you can see from the beach). Seriously. It's a very similar hike, except I think I think this one more. 1. It's slightly less busy 2. There's less stairs (nature hikes don't need stairs) 3. There's a beach at the end of the hike which is a nice place to stop and have a snack. Note; Rain + Dirt = Mud. So, if you are going to go hiking after a couple days of rain, you can expect to get your Fresh White New Balance Dad Shoes to get dirty...so don't bring them, or wear them, you should probably donate them...sorry.

Easy hike with a few moderate areas. We took it easy and stopped at the beach for lunch which made our round trip just under two hours. Trail was moderately trafficked with a fair amount of dogs. Overall a decent way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Perfect start of season hike for me. Scenic with some good terrain and parts that have enough pitch to get the heart rate going. Will go again and I highly recommend.

This is such a nice, short hike. There are a few places of slight elevation, but I saw people of all ages and a variety of abilities doing it. I have done this hike twice. Once several years ago with my Vancouverite ex-fiance when I was still living in Iowa. The second time was on my own after I moved to the area to go to school. The second time was better.

Sweet forest walk with a couple small heart pumping sections and a beach. Nuff said.

Excelent trail. There are some steep climbs but accessible for beginers.

I would rate this as moderate

A great trail with a variety of terrain. The forest and the beach are both beautiful. Some hills and stairs; definitely manageable for beginners.

beautiful!

Not Easy. I would rate it easy-moderate due to the quick incline. We are in our 50’s and 60’s so that affects my review.

Great trail. Climbs a fair bit at the start and then steep into the cove at the end. Nice walk, good trail run.

A beautiful west coast trail that ends at a secluded beach looking left across to Deep Cove, and right up the Indian Arm. What more could you ask for in a short, easy hike. This is a well maintained trail for the most part. Some areas will require some finesse due to rocks and tree roots. There is an outhouse at the beach. Very clean trail. Remember to pack out what you pack in. :)

Great family hike. Nice wide trails. Perfect addition to some time at beach kayaking or crabbing or fishing. Can also add Admiralty Point (6km) to make it longer

great easy trail for beginner hikers also good for trail running love the island at the end and I was lucky enough to see about 20 jellyfish swimming around at the end which was a site to see

Good trail

Nice hike with a good spot to stop and have a snack / lunch if you brought it. Very busy trail the day we went and finding parking can be a challenge.

good little hike. neat view of the island. great place for a picnic

Great hike through forest and ferns. The last third of the beach trail is gorgeous but steep; however there are lots of stairs and boulders to help you along the way. Sidenote: there is a side trail towards Bedwell Bay about 300 m from the trailhead that I would recommend. I saw sea lions there and hundreds of tiny crabs.

it's a great hike for a quick workout.

Monday, June 12, 2017

Very good. Went with my 2.5years old son. Even he enjoyed it.

Sunday, June 04, 2017

Fun hike. Worth the hike in for the view!!

Monday, May 22, 2017