Alouette Mountain Trail

Alouette Mountain Trail is a 20.3 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

20.3 km
1143 m

old growth

Saw only one other person. A bit cloudy at the top, but the weather was nice and cool while hiking. The incline trail to start is pretty brutal but otherwise mellow. Heads up is great advice for trail markers. Cob webs and bugs were pretty bad.

We did this with our dog on 29th July. It took us 3.5 hours to get to the top, pretty much non stop. Just over 3 hours to get down.

We didn't use a gps, we found the trail was marked fairly well. Keep your head up and you will see them. The trail is varied - some loose rocky areas, tree roots, steep areas, also some fairly flat logging paths. There is definitely a lot of uphill, but it's not all steep. There was snow on the way to the top, but not enough to cause a problem.

Not a well travelled trail - we saw a total of 11 people in 7.5 hours.

In my opinion, the view from the top is outstanding. 360 panoramic and breathtaking. Given, we were there on a clear, sunny day. No doubt for me that it is well worth the hike. We had the top to ourselves for the 40 mins we spent there. A big change from the other, more well known hikes.

Bugs, but not terrible. (I did have bug spray on). Rough on knees on the way down. We got to the trail head at 9.30am and there was no problem with parking.

June 26, 2017 View from the top was amazing. Trail well marked both up and down. Snow for the last ~2km. Keep head up for markers due to lack of trail in snow.

had a hard time finding the start of the trail but once we got going it was okay. signage isn't that great but managed to make it to beautiful lake leaving 5 kilometers left until the peak. there was snow and we didn't have the proper gear so we headed down. round trip was 16km from the parking lot by Mike lake.

Only went half way up yesterday and it was beautiful. Highly recommend! There was no one on the trail when I went up and that was at 10am super quiet and perfect to bring your dog along. I hopefully am going to finish the entire thing this month & do it more and more.

Monday, October 03, 2016

Amazing hike. Great views. Took me and my girlfriend 4.5 hours to get up and 3 to come down. Leave yourself time to hang out at the top. The incline is intense and lasts for about 4 hours of the way up. Recommend this hike on a sunny day!
Our fit bit said it was 27.6 KM when we returned to the car.

Monday, August 01, 2016

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Went there yesterday July 15. Beautiful challenging hike... Because if clouds there was no view to enjoy on the top. Must do it again on a sunny day.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Beautiful

Monday, June 06, 2016

Its a slog but offers beautiful views of the Lower Mainland, Blanshard Needle, and panorama views. The bugs are starting to get crazy (we did this trail yesterday) so bug spray.

FYI The actual cairn is towards the Needle. The top is pretty spread out.

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Amazing trail, went on April 17 2016 and near the peak was just full of snow! Took 8 hours start to finish with a lunch break and with the long way down adding an extra 2kms to the total.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

I love this mountain and all its trails :)

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Nice view and environment , clean