Addington Lookout and High Knoll via Lodge, Fern and Quarry Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(283)
Minnekhada Regional Park

Addington Lookout and High Knoll via Lodge, Fern and Quarry Trail is a 6.9 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.9 km Elevation Gain: 265 m Route Type: Loop

This trail offers amazing views and it's forest, marsh and rocky outcrops make this regional park a gem to explore any time of year. Minnekhada Park offers a network of quiet trails, a great place to hike and watch for wildlife. It is also home to Minnekhada Lodge, a 1930s country estate with spectacular views of the Pitt River. The park has extensive bear habitat, please exercise caution. Lodge Trail is surfaced with loose gravel and has one steep slope (18% for 12 m) plus additional steep slopes of 12%. Quarry Trail is narrow with a packed dirt surface and steep slopes.

Bear activity today we will try again another day! Did it today - beautiful hike.Easy to do and great for little ones

Very nice and peaceful hike! Great for beginners. Followed the Quarry trail up to the lookout but unfortunately, there's not much of a view as the trees are extremely tall. You'll be walking over lots of roots and climbing up rock (nothing extreme though). Did not go to the lower lookout, but will be back to do so. The parking lots were way too busy, so I parked up the road in a pullout and only passed one person coming back down.

Both High Knoll and Low Knoll trails are closed! As I learned to my disappointment yesterday (04/11).

closed

Great trail. We went there last week. It was closed due to covid_19. It was easy and peaceful. Everyone maintaining social distance made it more relaxed and enjoyable.

Took 2 hours to complete the circuit trail from Minnekhada Lodge to Lodge Trail, Fern Trail to Addington Lookout, Quarry Trail and back to the car park at Minnekhada Lodge. However, popular view points including the Lodge, the Low Knot and High Knot were unfortunately closed due to the Covid-19. It becomes our excuse to visit them in near future. We love our walk which is easy with beautiful views over the trees, wetlands, Pitt River.

Very beautiful Park, Very easy hike. I saw a bear, mother and son. They were on the path when reaching the upper lookout. A few meters in front of me. I was very scared, since was my first time, but I remained calm, and they completely ignored me.

Extremely busy on this sunny Saturday and not much social distancing going on. Still, lovely varied trail and great view from the knoll.

Super nice walk today, a little more elevation than expected. I like that you can choose which trails to take for however long you want to walk.

Great hike that has a bit of a “choose your own adventure/difficulty rating” with different lookout/trail options with varying levels of difficulty. View from the lookout is great.

Views could have been better for low, worth the trek for high knoll views

Great Sunday hike. Good views, well marked, lots of dogs :-)

Did this trail today (Feb 17). Almost 2 hours to complete but we were not rushing. Took Quarry Trail to the High Knoll then the Marsh Trail back to parking lot. I would definitely say this is more of a moderate hike. Lots of tree roots and rocks to navigate through with a nice elevation gain. Lovely view though!

Good trail! Great mix of cardio and leisure walking. Very well marked with signs. Great views of the forest and the water. High Knoll lookout was worth the uphill hike. Heavy traffic and little parking.

This is our second time doing the trail and we chose the quicker way to high knoll because we wanted to take our time with the kids, and gates close at 5pm. Highly recommend going on super bowl Sunday- there was almost no one in sight. I don’t know if I would consider it an easy trail, the last few pushes to the high knoll arnt easy but that’s just me. Excellent view at the top and so worth it!

The best way for this trail is to go on Quarry trail, and go through the forest. It becomes pretty rustic with a steady decent but it’s nice forest scenery. The you come to the high knoll part which is another good rustic climb. The view is worth it, even on a foggy day. Then a nice loop back through the mid marsh trail over a “bridge” (gravel dike) between the marshes and back to the parking lot. When I did this loop myself taking my time, stopping to enjoy it was about 2 hours. When I did it with a friend for more of a workout with a brief stop it was an hour and fifteen minutes.

flooded

Nice quick hike with a good little cardio push at the end to get to the view point. Can be slippery on rock sections, and areas of exposed roots, muddy in winter months. Lovely views of wetlands and if your lucky you may catch some busy beavers at work! The view at the top is lovely on a clear day. Is very busy in summer months so expect crowds. Good family hike.

I’d say it’s a moderate/easy hike. Some very steep and uneven areas and some flats. Beautiful pay out at the top of High knoll. Took less than an hour. Nov 10, sunny periods, chilly in the forest, but got hot hiking up. Had to take some layers off.

I really like this trail! Nice variety of terrain, rocky in some points while flat soil in others. Good amount of elevation at some points. Nice view. Some spots are muddy, but it is Oct. 27th. I'd recommend hiking boots for this one. Dog friendly.