Yamnuska Ridge & CMC Valley Trail

Yamnuska Ridge & CMC Valley Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bighorn No 8, Alberta, Canada that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October.

It was pretty busy, and some of the left over snow makes certain areas interesting but very do-able. On the descent make sure you take the scree down! If you hit the rock field with boulders to hop across then you've gone too far, so turn around and go back! If you continue it'll just lead to an incredibly hard descent including 10-15m drop offs and patchy scree on razer sharp ground rock.

Very challenging hike but worth it! We saw a few families with kids that made it to the peak. It is a lot longer than 9km when you do the full loop, we walked 15km in total, took a little over 6 hours.

Did this last week. This hike is challenging!!! Mentally and physically. If you have a fear of heights, it will test your limits! The views are spectacular, but I spent so much time being scared to look down.
I totally recommend this hike if you are an experienced hiker and scrambler. There was quite a bit of snow when we went, but it was almost easier to climb in the snow then on the rocks. Blue painted squares mark the trail, and thank goodness for that, or you'd spend a lot of time trying to figure out which way to go!

great hike. unfortunately my friends and I only made it to the first level because a friend was wearing runners when we probably should have had some crampons because it was snowy and icy at the first level, but I'm definitely going to come back midsummer

the shale decent is a blast!

First hike ever! Poles and spikes for shoes are a great plus, trail was a. It muddy and icy.