Wind Ridge Trail

Wind Ridge Trail is a 12.1 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Canmore, Alberta, Canada that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

12.1 km
939 m

I really enjoyed this hike! Went on October 30 just before this snow hit. Easy trail, I did need microspikes near the top and unfortunately I didn't find a route to the peak where I felt it was safe to have my boisterous retriever bouncing around me. It was still a great hike and picnic stop just in front of the scramble section and didn't feel ripped off because we didn't make it to the very top. Great views once your out of the forest

Some route finding at beginning; a bit boring until you come to clearing and beautiful views over Valley and towards Mount Lougheed. VERY windy, did not complete full trail.

It was windy and snowy on top; the views were amazing once it cleared up a bit; a lot of fallen trees on the trail.

Incredible views across the valley, a bit of snow on the peaks makes the mountains texture stand out. Tough hike but with the views it's not a slog.

great trail, and even on a weekend not busy. great views, challenging incline near the top. two minutes from the highway, seriously why don't more people go here. a lot of bear activity, bring your PPE

drawn out beginning... and uber steep final climb. beautiful views and easily accessible

Honestly I would rate this as a harder trail. It's very steep for a lot of the trail, but SO worth it for the views. I've done it twice and I would do it again! Just be prepared for a good leg workout.

Good hike. The last kilometre was tough but worth it. The trail was well maintained.