White Buddha via Powderface Trail

White Buddha via Powderface Trail is a 3.9 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Bragg Creek, Alberta, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

3.9 km
353 m

rock climbing

Great hike to some fun bouldering and sport routes.

the view on top is beautiful. However, It took considerable amount of effort to get on top due to the loose rock ways, narrow path and the guess work involved at places. My 6 years old was able to get up and down by himself. I would not recommend it to people with knee injuries.

It's really steep to get to the top. You have to be careful on the way back. Not recommended for children or people who is not used to hard hiking. Be prepared to climb. Enjoy the beautiful view from the top of the mountain.

Short hike but definitely steep and a good workout going up. Took about 1.5 hours total round trip with a stop for lunch at the top. Would recommend poles given the incline.

Steep but short hiked, nice view in the top

Nice hike. Steep but short.

Took us 1 hour 15 minutes to the top but stopped for photos and my dog wanted to sniff everything. Could easily go up in 45 min.
The top is nice to take a break, photos (great views!), and lunch.
Going down took no time at all.

Would recommend this hike for all levels. It's a quick hike but views are nice.

Steep switchbacks eventually lead to a rocky ridge. Once at the ridge either a short scramble or quick climb to the top. Great views of the surrounding valley and Prairie Mountain.

Beautiful and really not that long !!! Worth it if you don't have to much time

Access from Powderface access point. The parking fills up by noon in June, so get there early.
I'd recommend hiking boots and poles for this trail. The first part is easy but the ascent part has significant sections over jagged loose rock.
We took a slow pace with 3 short breaks and the round-trip was 4 hours in good weather.
There are no signs or markings along this trail until the top, however, you shouldn't find it hard to stay on the trail. Take a left at the marker pole where there is a clear split in the path. The right path does not ascend (at least from what I saw) and I believe it is called the Prairie Link trail. See uploaded photo of the map sign we found at the top. I believe the orange bolt head is the location at this point, and the Powderface Trails from Elbow Falls is the route we took. The Powderface Ridge Trail continues further up but we didn't explore that.
You can see from the map sign that the vista we saw was toward the mountain range that includes:
Remus, Romulus, Fullerton and Howard. I believe Romulus is the prominent whitecap mountain we saw on the left of our panoramic photo (uploaded).