Whistlers Summit Trail with Jasper Tramway is a 3.7 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Henry House, Alberta, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from June until September.

3.7 km
273 m

A great hike to the summit. The summit is 2464m, if you venture to the summit from the tram, please follow the trail, and note it is a 200m incline from the Tramway. At this elevation those with health complications can face health effects at this elevation.

Took the tram up then hiked to the top. Nice hike but it is steep.

Didn’t get all the way to the top because it started pouring rain on us but it was definitely beautiful!

We took the tram up, then hiked up to both summits, then took the tram back down. Beautiful experience! really worth it. Took us about 2 hours in total. Bit pricy but good overall.

Awesome views.

My husband I hiked this on 9/5. We are a fit 33 & 35. We started around 2:15pm and maybe saw 12 people on the trail total. It does get busier once you reach the sky tram, but they were all headed back as we were going up. We were the only 2 at the summit. We stopped to eat our packed lunch, but there is a restaurant if you wanted that. Parts of the trail are a bit muddy and 2 trees were blocking the trail the first quarter mile or so. You can easily maneuver you way around these so it’s no big deal. We used trekking poles on this hike. I’d recommend them because some parts can be pretty steep especially once you get closer to the summit (the snow is melting and creating a muddy mess). The views from the top are beautiful! You can see the town of Jasper and mountain ranges 360. The only wildlife we saw were pikas around the boulder fields. The whole hike took us about 5 hours, but we stopped to eat, took a couple short breaks up and at the summit. I’d highly recommend this hike if you want a challenge!

Nice views and nice steep little trails!

Best hike we did in Jasper! We walked all the way up to the end. We walked into the woods up en after a couple of km’s we had a lot great views. And it was NOT very quiet, not so many other hikers.
It became a little bit more crowded near by the cable car. I recommend everyone to hike this trail!

My favourite hike I’ve done so far. Great views at the top.

Love this hike, it’s steep enough to make you work for it but also nice enough that my 4 year old was able to go up to the summit and down! Although at some point he proclaimed that it is harder than he thought it would be lol! We seeked the red chairs but weren’t there :(

We did this trail and it was a really good hike. There was a sign at the bottom which said its not recommended to do the trail because of snow. The little snow that there was at the upper third was totally fine. We started early and it was a beautiful sunny day.

Saturday, October 10, 2015