Wasootch Ridge Trail

Wasootch Ridge Trail is a 9.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kananaskis, Alberta, Canada that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I just added 2 photos from may 22nd beautiful weather great hike!

This hike has an incredible view! I went with my dog so I wasn't comfortable going to the last peak. If you go with your dog, please keep them on leash. I met these two beauriful mastiff that were not on leash and wanted to play with my dog. One didn't listen at all to his owner when she called him. So I got scared when the two came running down, as I'm going up, to say hi to my dog since they dragged me a few steps back. I have a hands free leash so it's like I could just let it go. I would just like to urge dog owners like myself to be responsible when you're hiking with your dog. Aside from my unfortunate encounter, this hike is definitely worth it.

Beautiful hike. Great views. I would go again!

We did this yesterday after snowy night. A fantastic hike. The snow was thigh deep at certain places. Continue scrambling after the last cairn to walk on the narrow ridge to Wasootch Tower. It took us almost 10 hours return trip.

Great hike! Lots of snow on April, so wear appropriate gear. Amazing views!

April 18 2017..beautiful easy marked trail! Micro spikes still needed.

Beautiful scenery!

We've just done this. Firstly we thought it was a usual ridge walk. Turns out we had to walk through 6 peaks. The views were just fantastic. It was little scramble when we were walking from the 4th peak cairn to the 5th peak but nothing difficult.

I know this hike as "Wasootch Ridge" not creek but it's a beauty hike with plenty of view points, endless scenery.

Great hike. Neat to watch climbers along the creek bed

We decided to go all the way to the top of the mountain, which wasn't that much further and a pretty gradual climb. We felt good going out, but coming down was very hard on the legs and we should have brought more water for such a hot day. I would recommend bringing a lunch if you plan on doing the mountain.

This trail is straight up the whole way until you get to the top so be prepared for that. Also, it goes on forever, we weren't sure if we made it to the end because we just kept going and saw trail much much further along after getting up to the top. Beautiful view, good decent day hike but bring your cardio vascular system and not skinny legs like mine ha! ; )

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Saturday, November 14, 2015

A great ridge to hike ...quick to get to the top after 3 inclines and plateaus ..

Friday, May 08, 2015

The trailhead can be a bit tough to find (it's right behind the picnic benches and heads straight up), and losing the trail isn't unlikely once you're on it, either. If you do wander off and have to scale some rocks to find it again, it's worth it! After the first steep climb in the woods, the ridge opens up for kilometres worth of gorgeous views.

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Completed this hike during the winter -the initial climb is straight up with a steep grade. You will eventually find yourself a a more moderate pace that will bring you to 3 valley and peak climbs. Fun hike - the name of this should be called Wasootch Ridge.