Valley of the Five Lakes Loop from Icefields Parkway is a 4.5 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Henry House, Alberta, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

4.5 km
154 m

Easy access and fantastic views .. each lake offers something different and had a very pleasant experience .. recommended

Easy walk, all 5 lakes are beautiful. It was moderately busy- we saw many people along the way and some mountain bikers. The water is so cold but so refreshing feeling- would love to visit again in the summer and go for a swim!

Very easy, cute and scenic loop. Family friendly. If you ever want to do an hour or less beautiful trail, this is it!

I love the 5 Lakes so much, I never do the loop. I do it as an out and back to see the lakes twice!! This is a prefect time to go to beat all the high season crowds!!

The 5 lakes are each unique and beautiful. This was a pretty long hike but worth doing. Since it’s a loop, you can go whichever way you prefer, but I think going from the 1st to 5th is best since I think the 1st lake is the less awe-inspiring one. That may be just because you don’t get as good a viewpoint of the 1st as you do the others though. From the parking lot, you will go through some trees, onto a small wooden bridge, and then through a forested area where you will have to do some downhill and uphill hiking. If you go left, you will be going to the 1st lake, the trail that goes along the back edge of the lake (if you continue left) connects to another trail so you probably don’t want to go too far down that path since you will have to back track to continue on to the other lakes. As you continue along the path this time to the right, you will find yourself on the back edge of the 2nd lake, then the 3rd and 4th. Between the 3rd and 4th lakes, you will find a set of the iconic red chairs you can find in various locations in the national parks. It’s a great spot for enjoying the view. The 5th and final lake has a small floating dock that you can walk into and take pictures from.

Nice moderate hike. My mom who does not hike regularly at all managed it just fine. It does get muddy in spots and had a couple steep hills. we did 5th lake to first lake it seemed like the less popular way to go as we were against the flow more than we were with the flow. Some narrow spots so remember to share the trail. I saw two groups heading in with strollers..... that I would not recommend unless carrying a child in one arm and a stroller in another is something you want to do

Gorgeous hike with lots of picture perfect views. Was not too busy around 11am for us. Some steep hills but manageable. Would definitely recommend this one!

A nice and pleasant easy hike (with some small hills) with some pretty lakes. However, it’s a very crowded trail with big groups of tourists because of its location, etc. We were almost knocked off the trail by a tour group at one point, and we ran into two different people smoking cigarettes on the hike.

Thus, while the views are good and it’s short & sweet, just understand what you’re getting into if you visit during peak hours.

This hike was better than expected! We started at the fifth lake and did the short loop. The lakes were gorgeous! It took us almost two hours with lots of stops. There were ups and downs, but just the right amount of both. We went about lunchtime and the hike wasn’t that crowded which was nice. I think it helps to go after Labor Day. I highly recommend.

Nice hike, did it with three youths. Muddy in some spots and very busy. Nice views. Be prepared for a couple steep hills.

Great scenery for effort ratio. I am an avid hiker, I prefer strenuous hikes. However, this hike offers the views for a lot less effort. Perfect for families.

awesome hike with tons of fantastic views. got a little lost by 4km (haha)) butdn't mind one bit!

Great hike, very easy!

Nice trail, Signes cut be better, if you do the trail in the summertime remeber to bring swimwear, Nice lakes

Easy and nice. Colours, birds, squarels

Nice trail if you do the trail in the summertime remeber to bring swimwear, beatuful lakes

Beautiful trail, but we stupidly took a wrong turn at one point and ended up on another trail (old fort point maybe) headed back towards Jasper. We never did see the other lakes after doing that.

Good walk through the woods, the large loop is less crowded than the other

Views were breathtaking and waters were crystal clear. Great hike with family and kids.

Nice easy walk with great views of the lakes. We especially enjoyed the lake with the adirondack chairs set up to sit and quietly enjoy our surroundings for a few extra minutes.

nice easy walk with some beautiful spots to take photos. the lakes are so amazingly beautiful

fantastic hike. a couple of steep sections, but the view is well worth it. we didn't do the long walk around the 1st lake, but I am sure it would have been nice also.

Nice easy hike. We didn't walk around the entire of Lake 1 as had read that the other 4 Lakes were much nicer. Lake 5 was beautiful with a wooden dock you would could out onto.

We arrived around 12:30 and parking lot was full, but found a spot when someone left. Did the smaller loop over to 5th lake circling 2,3, and 4. Got back to the vehicle around 1:30 and 1/3 of the parking spots empty. Although lots of people there, it did not seem overly busy on the hike and it was easy to get the perfect picture without waiting for others.

Interesting hike. Pretty lake views.

It's a nice, easy hike and you can add a bit of distance by incorporating some of the longer (~35km) hike. It's a good one for kids or with companions who aren't used to hiking. The color of the lakes...so blue your friends will think that the pictures were edited.

Really enjoyed this trail. A few ups and downs in the terrain, but nothing terribly challenging. Was just the right distance for me, my wife, and our 8mo old. A few good picturesque views along the way, particularly by the first, third, fourth, and fifth lakes.

Amazing views, steep in a couple spots but overall very easy trail, lots of good spots to get some amazing shots of the turquoise blue lakes. 100% worth it to take 2 hours out of your day for.

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Easy hike, with great views

Monday, August 14, 2017

Great trail to stop at for a moderate hike when you are in the jasper area. Well suited for anyone of any physical capability. Great views of the lakes.