Two O'Clock Ridge is a 11.1 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Improvement District No. 9, Alberta, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 11.1 km Elevation Gain: 1,128 m Route Type: Out & Back

This was a challenging but rewarding hike! Views were great the whole way. Some very steep sections that were tough on the way down. Would highly recommend if you’re not afraid of a leg burner! Made it to the top of the ridge in 2.5 hours and back in 1.5 hours (we were keeping a pretty good pace both ways).

Incredible hike. This is a very hard hike. (Caveat) We had the intention of camping up on the ridge for the weekend and did the climb with packs for a complete weekend and little preparation. It was very challenging. We arrived at the ridge without sufficient water (and largely too tired) to conduct a complete reconnaissance of the area to determine whether resupply was possible. We headed back down. For the future hikers, be advised that Two O’clock Creek is the last water you will hit on the way up.

Great trail. A lot of up in a relatively short hike. Worth the effort as you are rewarded with spectacular views at numerous points along the trail.

Took a Scout troop up yesterday. Everyone made it up and back. Trail was wet. Rained all the way up and down and snowed on the top. Very slick on the way down. Some steep sections but nothing overly technical. On a warm day I’d rate it higher. With the weather and a big group of 18 our slowest group was back in 6 hrs

Constant steady uphill and difficult downhill return. Definitely not a beginner trail. Nice views and the path is defined but not marked.

Beautiful views along this trail! Definitely some relentless steep sections, but the view at the top is absolutely worth it!!

Trail running/ power hiking. Almost made it to the top but there was about 1 ft of snow and I didn’t have any cleats. Decided to turn around as the last climb is really steep and was slippery. I’m an experienced hiker and didn’t find it was relentless like mentioned in some reviews, there are spots where the trail levels out. But many steep climbs. We brought our dog on leash and I would definitely recommended keeping dogs on leash as we saw a black bear before crossing the creek (we made noise and he ran away) and after the creek there are many places with cliff faces and taunting marmots. I would definitely recommend bringing poles. Trail goes through forest but many open spots to enjoy the views.

Really challenging but awesome hike. As some people have said below, it is relentless! From the time you cross the creek, it’s essentially uphill the entire time with very few level places to stop for a break. There’s a scramble on shale just above the tree line before the false peak, which would not be fun to tackle in the rain. Bring hiking poles, I couldn’t imaging doing the hike without them. From the creek to the second peak was 3 hours, 2.5 hours down. Be mindful of the markings on the trail: we accidentally went down a wrong path on the descent just after the meadow, where there were just a few twigs “blocking” the route. Check for ticks after!

Good times! Well wore in trail so no getting lost and got some good intel on skirting over to landslide from here. Extremely relentless and steep (1100m in 6km). 3-1/2 hours return

Thursday, August 30, 2018

My friend and I are both in our fifties and in really decent shape ( we think lol). This hike took us 7 1/2 hours with few short breaks. I’m sure the return trip can be done quicker as some of the reviews have reported but I’m not sure how you could do this in half the time. Amazing trail that takes you in and out of the trees to incredible views and the summit was so worth the climb. The views are panoramic and are stunning. We would highly recommend this hike and hope to do it again

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

This hike is rated as difficult on all the other information sources I’ve found. It is absolutely do-able but there are not many flat areas to rest your legs before the next relentless climb. This hike seems to be all uphill, all the time. It was fun and very very challenging. If you are new to hiking, this isn’t the place to start. The views at the top are amazingly beautiful!

Monday, May 28, 2018

Amazing hike! Perfect weather and a great view of the North Saskatchewan River Valley. We did the hike in around 4h 15m including breaks but it could easily have been done faster if we had brought food for our long break at the top...

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

My boyfriend, dog, and I really enjoyed this hike! I highly suggest keeping your dog on a leash and harness at ALL TIMES. There are marmots along the edge of the cliff just past the river that enjoyed taunting our dog and some areas where you are walking on the edge of a 100 ft+ cliff drop. This trail has very light traffic on the week days, be sure you have everything you need before starting your exploring. Overall the trail was easy with a couple challenging steep areas with loose dirt and rock. Take mind on the way down: there are a couple points where the trail splits. We accidentally took a right where we should have gone left which led us down a very steep trail that at first looked well travelled, but came to an abrupt dead end. Keeping a steady pace with a few water/snack breaks, we completed the trail in 5.5 hours (including the time from back-tracking from heading down the wrong trail).

Monday, August 28, 2017

Gorgeous hike but definitely not an easy one! Steep climb all the way up and can be quite slippery on the way down because of the loose rocks. Except that, the view all the way up and once at the top is amazing!

Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Good work out all the way to the peak and back

Friday, September 30, 2016

One of my favorites.

Monday, September 19, 2016

A very steep climb all the way up, resembles the neighbor Tuff Puff, it was also a gruelling climb, but I loved it. Didn't quite make it to the summit, but we were on the second ridge from the main one, ran out of gas.

Friday, August 12, 2016

Did the hike again. Still great but not worth it if you hike mountains often as there are better hike further into the rockies. And yes it can be done in 4 hours as i have done it 3 times already but you have to be in good shape otherwise expect it to be longer.

Monday, July 25, 2016

Can not finish this in four hours. Unless you can run up a 45 degree incline for a few km... then back down it at a full sprint. Very pretty hike, but views at the meadow about 75% the way up are just as pretty as they are at the ridge. Average time 5-6 hours if you are in pretty good shape and take a few breaks for food & water.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Great hike with some amazing views. Enjoyed The ascent to the top.

Thursday, April 07, 2016

A nice hike hike with great views of the North Saskatchewan River valley and surrounding mountains. It can be done in about 4 hours if you are in good shape.