Turtle Mountain Trail

Turtle Mountain Trail is a 6.9 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Blairmore, Alberta, Canada that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

6.9 km
925 m

historic site

I love this hike! It’s definitely challenging but the view from the summit on a clear day is absolutely amazing.

amazing trail which starts of steep from the beginning and is a straight climb to the top. defetnetly recommend hiking boots as there is a lot of gravel and loose rocks.
you can go to the actual peak of turtle mountain but there is no trail and you have to find your own way thru gravel and steep parts.

Tough grind! Starts out steep and basically stays steep to the top. Great views!

Did this May 27, it's an amazing hike. It's straight up, lots of scree. Worth the views at the top. Take some paper and pen to leave a message at the one peak. you can scramble down and over to the actual peak, we didn't but maybe next time.

Lots of incline, would recommend hiking boots/ footwear with lots of grip, bring a marker and a notecard to leave a little message at the desk!

Loved this hike! It was challenging but had views in all directions the entire way up. The only thing I would caution against is bringing your dog. Sadly both of my dogs ended up with very sore pads by the end of the day. There were other dogs on the mountain as well so I would be interested to know how they made out. Other than that I would totally do this one again.

Great view. warm at the base and cool at the summit. Went up June 19 with my family.

Very challenging hike. Strait up from the start. The view at the top makes it all worth it, very rewarding.

challenging but rewarding!

Had to take a lot of breaks, but it was a great view!

This trail is challenging but short and totally worth it. If you know the history of the area it gives you a bit of an eerie feeling looking down at the slide. Unrelenting slope. Hope your glutes are prepared. You can navigate through the saddle to the true summit if you're feeling brave or stop at the false summit but get basically an equal view.

Steep hike with shale path......unique the top was well worth the hike!!!!

Well worth the the near straight up trek, skree in areas, poles recommended

Absolutely loved this hike and the incredible views it offers. I went with a couple of friends later on a Saturday but we only went part way up and that was fine, it was still wonderful.
Went back the following weekend and finished it reaching the summit. I spent a good amount of time up there soaking in all the beauty that surrounded us. Didn’t venture to the helicopter pad, as we didn’t feel the need and it looked pretty dicey.
We were given a beautiful, warm Sunday to hike to the top and there was no wind! Slight breeze came up when we decided to head back down but nothing gusty.
The scramble to the top wasn’t too bad for me as I have not done much. I loved the terrain the entire way up. There was a lot of snow melt from one weekend to the next which was nice.

Good shorter day hike with unique views looking down at the landslide. We only made it up to the first summit because we were running short on time, but next time I would try to be brave and make it to the second summit (the descriptions have me a little apprehensive still!)

Beautiful views but truly a hard hike.

awesome hike. you can't feel th mountain move at all. you can see th cracks and crevasses