Tom Snow and Ridgeback Loop

Tom Snow and Ridgeback Loop is a 16.7 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bragg Creek / Kananaskis, Alberta, Canada that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

16.7 km
665 m

Stay on Tom Snow until you get to the Ridgeback trailhead (pass several of Ridgeback signs along the way).

I did this as part of a 30k trail run loop yesterday, Pneuma > continuing Moose Packers > Ridgeback then back across Elbow. Ridgeback was one of my favourite trail runs in the area. I loved it because it was so runnable compared to so many of the trails that are so steep and have gorgeous views at a summit but are too steep to actually run (for me). This one is truly trail running, lots of rolling ups and downs, plenty of root/rock sections but mostly runnable and beautiful thru the trees. Lots of beautiful boardwalks too. I'll definitely be coming back to this one!

Nice and quiet. No summit, just a hiking loop.

Excellent easy to moderate day-hike. We did the Ridgeback in and the Tom Snow ( less up and down) out. By the time we were done, I was bagged... that's what happens as you get older.

Good for trail running as well. A few muddy spots but overall very good.

This really is a great intermediate hiking trail. Very beautiful and some sections and serene.

Friday, July 21, 2017

This was a slog at times. My legs wanted to quit and did many times. We took ridgeback up and Tom snow down. 12.8km loop, we omitted the top 3k loop and I'm glad. This one was a tough one but a great time along the wooded ridge.

Sunday, July 23, 2017