Telephone Trail

Telephone Trail is a 15.0 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bragg Creek, Alberta, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

15 km
500 m

We did Telephone Trail up to Long Distance trail and took that down to Reconnect and ended with Braggin Rights. Took us about 4 hours 45 minutes including stopping for a break for about 20 ish minutes.
The ground was soft in places and icy/snowy in others but overall it was pretty dry.

March 27
• ~4hrs to complete. With the snow getting quite slushy I took a little longer than I think I would've been if it had been summer
• The recorded Trail on here is a little deceiving. On the way back instead of continuing to follow Telephone [South], it loops you back up through a connecting trail. I followed that one, which was good as I don't think there would've been any views continuing Telephone
• Bring LOTS of water, even for the winter. I wasn't thinking and only brought 25oz. Come summer I'd probably bring 50oz plus the bladder considering there are several unshaded points.
• Would've been nicer with company. A few points felt a bit long. Would not do again during the winter.

Great hike

Sunday, January 22, 2017

A decent forest trail with a few nice views. Something for everyone.

Sunday, September 27, 2015