Sulphur Skyline Trail

Sulphur Skyline Trail is a 8.0 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Improvement District No. 12 , Alberta, Canada that features hot springs and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

8 km
615 m

hot springs

old growth

You'll find the Sulpher Skyline trailhead by driving highway 16 to Pocahontas. Turn onto the Miette Hot Springs Road(Pocahontas as well), and proceed 16.9 km to the Miette Hot Springs parking area. The hiking trail starts above and right of the pool complex.

Great RC trail!

Not a bad hike it was all snow when we did it so that made it harder, the last steep bit to the top hasn't had much traffic so no real defined trail through the snow. Pretty good view from the summit, we did it up and down in 2.5hrs.

Great hike! Hiking poles are essential because on the day we went there was snow all the way up so it was pretty slippery! The hiking starts near the entrance to the hot tubs which are a great way to relax afterwards

Took just under 4 hours for the round trip yesterday including spending time to enjoy the view at the top and taking photos. The trail was covered with snow and slush, which probably made it a lot more difficult than it actually is. I found the hike pretty hard as I was slipping and sliding the whole way up and back down. But the view was amazing and well worth it, even in the slippery condition. Definitely my favourite part of Jasper!

Did this trail today and like that guy said, it was covered in snow. Although probably the first third of the trail has melted and become slushy, it made the beginning of the hike much more difficult. The entire hike was beautiful though with all the yellowing leaves and snow, as well as the views along the way! Top is quite steep, but only for a short part! Definitely a must do!

it was covered in snow when we were there, which can make it far more difficult than I think it actually is, and I didn't have proper footwear. in spite of that the trail is beautiful, sporting some incredible vistas on the way up. Even though the peak is a challenge to reach, the view is breathtaking and absolutely worth the challenge.

really enjoyed this hike. had to break trail to push to the summit but we'll worth it. also any hike that has a hot pool at the base of it is all that much better

We do this hike at least once a year. It's a beautiful hike to share with family out visiting. The snow was flying when we got near the top, eliminating the endless peeks and scenery but still worth the hike. Bust trail as always. Lots of friendly hellos from all around the world on this one. :)

Absolutely breathtaking hike. It is very difficult in my opinion, but very worth it. The last stretch of the hike is all uphill and it gets very windy at the top, so bundle up! My favorite part of my day by far. Rest in the Miette Hotsprings after :-)

Easy to Moderate. Easy to follow path from start to finish. Last couple hundred meters are a little steeper but defiantly worth the view. There was heavy fog when we got to the top, we waited it out for 30min to clear up and it was worth the wait. Bring a light jacket for the summit, got a little chilly.

Longer hike for a day hike, but easy terrain, switch backs most the way, AMAZING views, well worth it!

Loved the view!

Extraordinaire. Environ 1h30 monter.

Easy hike for a great view ! Totally worth it and you can relax at the miette hot springs after your hike.

Nice trail, 4,2km up and same trail down. Last 700 meters heavy, but the vieuw was great! It takes approx 3 hours to complete the hike.

Pretty consistently moderate elevation until the summit where it's quite a bit more challenging. Phenomenal view. Worth every minute and effort to make it to the summit.

Difficult hike with a lot of incline, not for beginners or those not in great shape. The view is 100% worth it. I'd suggest hiking poles. (Didn't have any and I DEFINITELY regretted that) It's slightly steep on the first part of the way down but the rest is quick and easy, but may blister your toes. The Miette Hot Springs at the end make a nice relaxing end for both you and your muscles! I'd totally do this trail again. It's tough but the reward at the too is exceptional.

Awesome trail. Challenging at times especially the last 1/3. Not for beginners.

Amazing views! Go early, gets crowded at 9-10am in the Summer. Bring bug spray!

We saw a young black bear around 300ft from us. It did not seem to bother. It staid around and kept distance. Bring bear spray.