Sulphur Mountain from Hot Springs

Sulphur Mountain from Hot Springs is a 6.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Banff, Alberta, Canada that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from June until August.

The hike is cool to climb but when you climb for a long time, give a lot of effort, you like to arrive to a beautiful natural view, there was so much tourist due to the gondola that all the effort we made was not really worthy, the view was beautiful but they made such a touristic place of it that i just wanted to go back and i couldn't enjoy the view like i wanted to.

Nice hike. Steady climb. Beautiful view! Was nice to take the gondola down (but expensive $31 one way)

Elle etait difficile a monter mais la vue valait la peine.

My first time I did this trek I was an hour and 40 minutes getting to the top. I recently wanted to test how far Ive come since my first summit and ive knocked it down to an hour and 2 minutes. The hike itself is fairly boring. Its always very High trafficked, mostly zig zagging along where the gondola runs. Theres a nice waterfall aboit half way up always makes for a good rest spot. The views at the top are great, thoigh when I summit I usually go off the walking trail to the more eastern peaks makes for some fun scrambles. J.

My first hike to sulphur mt. 5 years ago took 3 hours to summit. Broke that record by half yesterday! 1.5 hr to summit! It was also my very first solo hike. It's moderately busy. Took the gondola down for $31 one way cause I had family waiting for me. Ridiculous price. Next time, I'll definitely hike down.

A great morning hike with a friend. We completed it within 2 hours. Then we enjoyed a lovely lunch at the top, in one of the restaurants. Years ago we were able to take the Gondola back down, for free. Now they charge $31 per adult to take it back down. We were in a time crunch, so we paid, otherwise we would have hiked back down. The hike itself is all switch backs, we would stop and break every kilometre or so. There was a waterfall, about half way up! We went on the hike during the week, so the trails were not busy at all.

ג

The views while hiking up were amazing. This was a pretty challenging hike. Definitely bring a lot of water. As you get higher and higher, you can spot the gondolas as well as the base where you climbed from. It gets really cold and windy up top, so be prepared with the appropriate clothing. The views from the top and truly stunning. You can see in pretty much every direction, and the Above Banff building provides plenty of indoor seating for diners or those who just need respite from the weather or for those wanting souvenirs or to learn more about the history of the national park and its wildlife. The top level of the building is a viewing platform which has signs for you to identify what each mountain is called. You also get a great bird's eye view of Banff. If you go a bit farther on the stairs and platforms to get to Sansom's Peak, you will also get to see when Norman Sansom observed weather and other various science related projects in a small building at the summit of Sulphur Mountain. From there you can hike back down the same way you came up, or in my case, take the gondola down. When I went to the gondola, it was still early and free for hikers to take down. Not sure if that's always the case or if I got lucky. Definitely recommend this hike.

Anytime I can take a gondola back down, sign me up!

Snow and mud on top, was fine in Converse, wear proper shoes lol