Simmons Trail

Simmons Trail is a 4.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Improvement District No. 13 , Alberta, Canada that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

old growth

Great hike for kids. Beautiful scenery.

Trail was in good condition for the time of year. Soggy with a few muddy stretches. Nothing that couldn't be avoided by sticking to the very edge of the trail though. I saw a partridge, a rabbit, hundreds of frogs (they were mating and the sound was near deafening!), bison (off in the distance) and butterflies. I was disappointed to find that the trail was actually only 4.4 km (using the AllTrails app from the outhouses at the Tawayik picnic area, out around the loop, and back. Not sure how it is listed as a 7.6 km loop here, even the Parks Canada site only lists is as a 5 km loop. I would consider this to be more of an easy trail than a moderate one. I took my time, stopped to enjoy the sites, and it still only took me 1 hour and 2 minutes.

Trail was well kept and clean, rolling terrain. did loop in little over and hour with my wife and 20 month old son. Most of trail was through cutlines in the woods with some views of marsh and lakes. Lots of animal tracks but did not see any wildlife.